Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #16
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I’m not too worried about Music replacing iTunes, but I am worried about the OS Catalina that all the new stuff will come packaged in. I still use an old version of Kindle for Mac on my MacBook Pro to enable the liberation of my ebooks thanks to Apprentice Alf. The newer versions of the Kindle app make that difficult at best, which will make for a lot of problems if the old Kindle app can’t run under the new OS, which is likely. My MacBook is a few years old and running El Capitan and presents no problems with my iPhone 8, but will future phone updates kill that when support for iTunes disappears? Lord knows the updates never end as is.

I’ve been a happy Apple camper for nearly 20 years, and still prefer it to the alternative, but it seems they just make things more and more difficult these days. Just MHO.
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote