Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #16
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hokusai Audio Editor seems to be the most highly regarded one. I haven't used it, so I can't really say. I do my audio editing on a mac.
Just as a note, I use Rogue Amoeba's Audio suite to capture audio and edit on the mac. Piezo is designed to easily capture podcast, Audio Hijack will capture any audio and Fission does the audio editing. They have been in the business for years and produce great products.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #17
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Can recommend Ferrite. It supports the share sheet and will let you get files in and out of it.

Podcasts are RSS feeds with tags that point to the actual MP3s that are elsewhere. Apple has a lookup tool that will have it, but you still have to parse it for the files. This is pretty doable with Apple's Shortcuts app. Someone has a workflow that grabs the latest episode from a feed with the help of a third-party web API that changes the XML to JSON. The changes you'd make for your usage would be adding Apple's lookup tool that would list the feed, and then have it show you a list of episode titles that when you clicked on one would download the podcast and automatically import it into Ferrite/etc. You'd run it from the Podcast's share sheet.

I've been using Audio Hijack and Fission on the Mac for years too. They're worth more than what RA charges for them.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote