Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #346
Terrymonkey
Terrymonkey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for your advice. I tried just adding .zip to the filename, but then neither winzip or the native extractor in win 10 saw it as a zip file. Besides, properties still said it was an oxt file. I tried to open the file in an text editor so I could save it as a zip file, like it said on google. Must be doing something really stupid.
Please advise.
Robin
Terrymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #347
Terrymonkey

Thanks connoiseur. I must be being stupid. I have win10 and can't seem to rename the file and then extract it. I have renamed just by changing the filename, but neither the built in extractor in file explorer nor win zip extract anything. please advise
Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #348
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe open a command prompt, navigate to the directory (cd <directory name>) and then rename the file (ren <oxt file> <zip file>)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:51 AM   #349
ps67
Zealot
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrymonkey View Post
Thanks connoiseur. I must be being stupid. I have win10 and can't seem to rename the file and then extract it. I have renamed just by changing the filename, but neither the built in extractor in file explorer nor win zip extract anything. please advise
Did You enable the visualization of the extensions files in the explorer? If not You can't change the extensions. (I just tried with a casually donwloaded dictionary in windows 10 and it worked).
To hide the extensions is a thing of windows that I don't like at all, but we can change this behavior.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #350
Terrymonkey

Thanks guys. In the end I changed explorer settings as ps67 adviced, and it worked.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #351
Leonatus
Guru
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
As my old Computer (win 10, 32 bit) got bricked, I had to buy a new one (win 10, 64 bit) and install Calibre (v. 3.44) and the Plugin (v. 0.0.8) again. Now, when I want to get a book hyphenated, the Plugin doesn't work, in spite of the Task window showing "done". It takes incredibly short a time that the Job window Shows that it's working, so there must indeed something be irregular. The book doesn't Show that it's hyphenated, too. The Settings are as shown in the screenshot.
However, Calibre's book Viewer Shows some Hyphens, but I don't know if this is built-in.
Is there something I can do?

Edit: Problem seems to be solved: the values of the Plugin Settings were not identical with those in the custom column Settings. But, anyway, with my old Computer it took several seconds until the books were hyphenated; now it takes only a small part of a second. Is my new Computer so much better?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-25.png
Views:	33
Size:	997.9 KB
ID:	172107  

Last edited by Leonatus; 06-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote