Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Gizmodo: Publishing eBooks-Kindle, iPad, Nook, Kobo?

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/07/pu...pad-nook-kobo/

Quote:
Kindle is by far the leader in ebook sales today, but Apple is gaining marketshare fast. The iBookstore is really hard to get into, but if you use a service like FastPencil it’s a snap. Barnes & Noble is setting up their own publishers system this year for the Nook, and Borders has partnered up with Kobo to do the same thing. The ideal situation would be to release your book into all the different bookstores and also provide direct links for your readers from your web site or blog.

Today it’s easier than ever to write, publish and sell your book. Couple that with the extensive reach of these new eBookstores and authors have an opportunity like no other time in history. Don’t get caught up on the whether to stick with Kindle or iPad… do both!
(note the author is Founder & Chief Technology Officer at FastPencil)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
RyanMWilliams
Author
RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook WiFi
I agree that authors should be in as many of the markets as possible. I don't plan on paying a minimum of $499 to a company like FastPencil, but that's just me. I'd rather do it myself either directly with something like Amazon's DTP or use Smashwords which will distribute for free to premium partners like Apple.
RyanMWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert