Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #1111
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe:
I just updated the text at: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...IVERSAL_METHOD
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #1112
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: Good call, thanks . (Gotta stop forgetting about the wiki ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #1113
SnarkyOne
SnarkyOne began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 - Series (B017, 9017)
Not sure I've done this right. Tried the jailbreak but nothing really happened.

Recap: After looking over several root guides I landed on this page. I downloaded the jailbreak zip, followed instructions. I extracted only the files inside kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip (nothing else) to root of device as stated, unplugged and ran the update. It reads ***Jailbreaking*** at bottom indefinitely until I tapped this message, after which the message just disappeared. Everything works, I just have feeling nothing changed.

Device:
Paperwhite 2 (series B017, 9017)

I'm on:
update 5.4.3.2

Using JB from:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
(kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N-r10721.tar.xz)
SnarkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #1114
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@SnarkyOne:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
After a few seconds, the words **** JAILBREAK **** will appear at the bottom of your screen to confirm that the device is jailbroken . You won't see this message again, it's simply a confirmation message.
Perfectly normal.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #1115
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkyOne View Post
- - - -
It reads ***Jailbreaking*** at bottom indefinitely until I tapped this message, after which the message just disappeared. Everything works, I just have feeling nothing changed.
- - - -
We had to delete the drumroll, the twenty-one cannon salute, etc from the paperwhite edition due to lack of audio support.

That's all you get, a message, once.
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #1116
SnarkyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We had to delete the drumroll, the twenty-one cannon salute, etc from the paperwhite edition due to lack of audio support.

That's all you get, a message, once.
Kay. Guess expected champagne corks a-popping and fireworks. Thanks, well time to see what this can do...
Old 08-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #1117
afterbox
Enthusiast
afterbox began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2013 3G + Wifi
Hello all!

Been a while, just wondered if anyone could give me a good place to get started with writing a KUAL compatible program... Thanks!

Will.
afterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #1118
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamrochira View Post
Hello all!

Been a while, just wondered if anyone could give me a good place to get started with writing a KUAL compatible program... Thanks!

Will.
How to write a KUAL extension: KUAL_What's_New

KUAL is just a launcher, you shove executables and bash scripts in a standard edition folder, must be compatible with the Kindle OS, and KUAL makes pretty buttons for executing commands in menu.json (like actually running those pretty bash scripts/executables).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #1119
afterbox
Enthusiast
afterbox began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2013 3G + Wifi
[deleted]

Last edited by afterbox; 04-29-2018 at 04:23 PM.
afterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #1120
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could use Java... Kindlets (like KUAL itself) are java applets.

More common to compile unix executables. At least, most of the stuff I have installed.

(kterm, skipstone, leafpad, midori, screen savers, usbnetwork. Plus the helper bash scripts. And Collections Manager kindlet, with a bash launcher through KUAL.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-06-2014 at 06:11 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #1121
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkyOne View Post
Kay.
Guess expected champagne corks a-popping and fireworks.
Thanks, well time to see what this can do...
Your not the first to wonder: "Did it do anything at all?"

It is what is known in C.S. as a "Poison Filename" -
The actual filename itself does the deed and its done.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #1122
SnarkyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Your not the first to wonder: "Did it do anything at all?"

It is what is known in C.S. as a "Poison Filename" -
The actual filename itself does the deed and its done.
Subtlety hates novices.

... so basically with the jailbreak I was looking to widen the margins across my content. I'm reading the JBPatch does not apply to the PW2. Anything else would do fine by me, maybe I'm not finding the right links? Dunno, I've been proceeding with extreme caution, as I don't want to harm this nice puppy.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #1123
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@SnarkyOne: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1431
Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #1124
SnarkyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Thx will give it a go!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #1125
sisselpie
sisselpie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Can't Jailbreak

Hi

My paperwhite2 is bought several days ago,and the serial num starts with 9071,i followed the guide copying the three files into root directory, but after eject,I found the update is still gray and when plugging in,the .bin file was deleted.I think maybe this is the issue of newest paperwhite.please help!!!
sisselpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch