Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-12-2016, 05:05 AM   #1
mixedbag
Enthusiast
mixedbag began at the beginning.

Device: none
KO Reader file manager doesnot show calibre news recipe in mobi format.

KO reader file manager doesnot read the news downloaded from calibre if downloaded in mobi format. The news recipe downloaded in epub format are however shown.

I want the news to be downloaded on kindle format so that i can read it in both kindle default reader and KO reader for night mode.

However, I am not able to do so as news fetched in kindle format are not shown in KO reader file manager and hence donot allow me to read it in night mode.

ALSO, if the KO reader could not flash everytime i turned new page it would avoid eye strain.
mixedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
mixedbag
Enthusiast
mixedbag began at the beginning.

Device: none
What i mean is KO reader flash is in nightmode when page refreshes in nightmode.
mixedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2016, 06:11 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Bug #1375 seems to be about this issue.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOReader on Kobos can read .mobi files, perhaps they are disabled in the Kindle versions to avoid conflicts?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
They switched the file extension from .mobi to .pobi at one point, which is good, since I'm fairly sure whatever engine we're using for MOBI rendering wouldn't handle them properly.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #6
mitra
Connoisseur
mitra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
So KO reader basically doesnot support azw, prc and pobi format. Right?
mitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
So KO reader basically doesnot support azw, prc and pobi format. Right?
I have plenty of .prc and .pdb ebooks that I read in KOReader. The many .azw files I have are rapidly converted to .epub, so I haven't tried to see if they would be treated as .mobi in KOReader, I doubt it though. This Pobi format, sounds like something created just for/by your news aggregator. Have you tried changing it to .mobi, to see how KOReader would handle it (it is unlikely to damage KOReader or your device)

Someone posted something to generate .epub, from web articles, that works well in KOReader on my Kobo Aura HD.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #8
mitra
Connoisseur

Hey Ken, I appreciate your tips. I already tried renaming extension from .pobi to .mobi but it doesnot help.

As with .prc files running on KOReader for Kindle latest nighly build, opening the .prc file closes the KO Reader and i return to home screen with kual cover on my main screen of kindle.The same thing happens when I try opening .azw files on my kindle using KO Reader. So, I was just checking to make sure KO Reader for kindle does it support .prc, .azw and .pobi files.

I guess I would have to wait for some time.

Atleast i am happy, .prc files are detected by KO Reader file manager in kindle. It is just not able to open it. With .pobi/.mobi news, KO reader cannot show it in file manager.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mitra: That would imply a crash, which is decidedly not an expected behavior . (While I certainly don't expect you to be able to read that stuff properly in KOreader, it definitely shouldn't crash either ).

What does KOReader's crash.log (should be in the koreader folder) has to say about it?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:39 AM   #10
mitra
Connoisseur

The crash log says nothing. It is an empty file