Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-05-2016, 03:47 AM   #1
noap_
noap_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Search within book

I've just recently installed KOreader for the first time, so I'm not very familiar with all the features yet.
When long-pressing a certain word in the book and select search, the word(s) is highlighted on the current page and I can skip through all, similar to the search function in MS Word.
I'd want the search function to be similar to the one in Nickel, though. Is that possible?
noap_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:09 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Could you describe what you mean by " the one in Nickel"? I don't think I ever used that.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:15 AM   #3
noap_

Of course!
You highlight a word by long-pressing it, hit the search button and a list of "tiles" shows up, each showing an excerpt of a certain text passage, where the word in search appears, sorted by appearance in the book from beginning to end. That way I can browse through the results quickly and also see what the context was, where the word has shown up. Once I found the specific passage I was looking for, I just click it and the according page shows up. From that point you can go back to search results or directly back to the page you were before initiating the search.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noap_ View Post
Of course!
You highlight a word by long-pressing it, hit the search button and a list of "tiles" shows up, each showing an excerpt of a certain text passage, where the word in search appears, sorted by appearance in the book from beginning to end. That way I can browse through the results quickly and also see what the context was, where the word has shown up. Once I found the specific passage I was looking for, I just click it and the according page shows up. From that point you can go back to search results or directly back to the page you were before initiating the search.
That sounds much more sophisticated than any of the KOReader search functions. There is a set of search functions for files, in the File Manager menus, as well as the search functions in the Reader Menus.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
noap_

In short: The only in-book-search-function available is the one the Koreader comes with?
Old 04-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by noap_ View Post
In short: The only in-book-search-function available is the one the Koreader comes with?
It is actually, for epub, the one that the Coolreader 3 Engine (cr3) comes with.

Luck;
Ken