Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
chanteur
chanteur began at the beginning.

Device: sony Daily Edition
Unhappy Simple - Move book from one Daily Edition to Another

Can seem to find this. It's really simple and should not be so troublesome. I want to move a DRM protected ebook from one Sony Daily Edition to another. I can't get the thing loaded onto my hard drive.
chanteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Welcome, chanteur!

I believe the only way to do that would be if both devices were registered to the same Adobe (or Sony) account. You can't transfer DRM books directly between them; you'd have to load it onto each separately.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

@SeaBookGuy is correct. You cannot use a DRMed book on two readers unless they are attached to the same Sony account. It is fairly easy to strip the DRM (Google inetepub). But unless you own both readers it isn't proper to share DRMed eBooks with others. I'm not trying to be the DRM police, I routinely strip the DRM from my books, but I only do it for myself and my readers.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Deleted.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-27-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
If both Sony Readers, simply authorized the new reader with the Sony Reader software using the same e-mail and password. If it's not and you are using DE by Adobe, simply start the software and connect your new reader and it will ask you to authorize it and then you can move the file. I did it last week for my new PRS-950 with no problem.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Sony allows you to authorize 2 computers and 4 devices to the same account.

I don't recall Sony announcing a lend-me service recently. Maybe I missed it? Amazon Kindle just announced this feature a month ago or so.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Sony let's you authorize up to 12 devices to a single account.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post

I don't recall Sony announcing a lend-me service recently. Maybe I missed it? Amazon Kindle just announced this feature a month ago or so.
I think your right. That is what happens when you have too many readers--it gets difficult to keep up with which features go with which one! For some reason I thought it was part of the new 2.0 firmware, but I cannot find it referenced anywheres so I must have been thinking about the Kindles. Sorry for the brainfart.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Sony let's you authorize up to 12 devices to a single account.
You are correct. They have updated their FAQ's to match the ADE limits now: 6 computers + 6 ereaders.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote