Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever dropped an ereader in the bath?
Once 2 1.63%
More than once 5 4.07%
Never, and I read in bath 29 23.58%
Never, but I never read in the bath 87 70.73%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2021, 08:04 PM   #76
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I think the two voters who dropped an e-reader twice are outliers.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 04-30-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #77
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
5 out of 27 so far. It would appear that the dangers of dropping an ereader in the bath are exaggerated.

I am also surprised that so many readers do not bathe. I fear they are a spotty bunch. Bathing cleans out the pores.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2021, 11:53 AM   #78
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Most modern bath tubs are horrible, unless you live in a very nice house, or intentionally remodeled your bathroom and installed a decent tub. Our tub is fine for kids, but horrible for an adult who weighs more than 110 pounds.

My pores are clean, even without a soaking.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:35 PM   #79
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
5 out of 27 so far. It would appear that the dangers of dropping an ereader in the bath are exaggerated.

1 in 5 sounds high to me. Personally, if the chance of me doing something was 1 in 5, I would think about trying to avoid it, I.e. waterproofing would be important.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #80
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
1 in 5 sounds high to me. Personally, if the chance of me doing something was 1 in 5, I would think about trying to avoid it, I.e. waterproofing would be important.
I'm such a klutz I'm sure my odds would be much worse! I would never use any electronics in the bathtub.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2021, 09:03 AM   #81
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
I'm late to the game here but I just voted "More than once".

I've dropped my Kobo H2O in the bath, and multiple times in a hot tub whilst on vacation. The first time I dropped the reader in the bath, it was actually intentional as I wanted to see if it was truly waterproof as advertised. Once I knew that it could handle a dunking, I stopped worrying about it getting wet.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote