Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
Latios
Latios began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
How to activate "Insert metadata as page at start of book" only when sending to devic

Hi everybody!

In "SETTINGS>CONVERTIONS>COMMON OPTIONS>STRUCTURE DETECTION", there is the option "Insert metadata as page at start of book".

I like this option a lot and I use it to send my ebooks to my kindle so I can always check the summaries and everything on the first page of the ebook.

I only see 2 problems:
1) Right now that option is in the "converstion settings" and it just works when I convert the ebook before sending it to the device. If I do not need to convert the ebook, then I dont get the metadata in the first page.
2) If I leave the option "Insert metadata as page at start of book" always activated, then it also applies even when I am just saving to disc (to my computer). And I do not like that.

I know that the two possible manual options are:
1) for problem 1: convert the ebook before sending it to the kindle, even it is from same format to same format
2) for problem 2: deactivate that option when I am not sending to device

But what I am wondering is:
Is there any option anywhere that I can just activate "Insert metadata as page at start of book" for "sending to device settings" instead of being in in the converstion setting and applying for all?

thanks
Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That option does not apply when sending books to device unless your book is being also auto-converted when sending to device. In other words there are only two ways to insert a metadata jacket into a book:

1) Do a conversion
2) Use the Polish books tool
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
Latios
Latios began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That option does not apply when sending books to device unless your book is being also auto-converted when sending to device. In other words there are only two ways to insert a metadata jacket into a book:

1) Do a conversion
2) Use the Polish books tool

Thank you very much twice!!!

I saw your nickname and realized that you are the creator of calibre. thank you very much!!!! it is a great software.

If anyone else comes to this thread, there is also another thread by the creator that explains polish books tools:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205857

Kindle doesnt read the metadata for the summaries and comments. that was the only reason that I was looking for an automatic option to add the book jackets just when I am sending to kindle. but ok, maybe Im just a weirdo looking for that option, lol.

by the way, I also published another question, could you help me with that or tell me if it is possible? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...90#post3727890

Thanks!!
Latios is offline   Reply With Quote