Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
DUCKofD3ATH
DUCKofD3ATH began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
iBooks not displaying Series info

Is there something I need to do in Calibre so iBooks will see the series info I've added to the eBooks?
DUCKofD3ATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:32 AM   #2
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKofD3ATH View Post
Is there something I need to do in Calibre so iBooks will see the series info I've added to the eBooks?
Can you please explain a bit more? Not sure what you are asking. Are you importing a book from Calibre into iBooks?

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
DUCKofD3ATH

My library has been set up with calibre series info (ex. "Lord of the Rings series [1]", "Lord of the Rings series [2]", etc.), but the series category seems to be ignored by Apple's iBooks app when I import the library into it.

Since I posted this topic, I've found that Amazon's Fire tablet OS also ignores calibre's series category.

Which probably means there's no fix for the problem.

Last edited by DUCKofD3ATH; 07-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Since I posted this topic, I've found that Amazon's Fire tablet OS also ignores calibre's series category.
On Amazon's Fire tablet there are apps that read the series data and those that don't. Both Calibre Companion (ebook manager) and Moon+ Reader (ebook reader) apps read calibre series data.

I have no experience with Apple, but the Calibre Companion (CC) app should sort your books in series. Then you can use CC to launch the book in whichever reading app you use.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
DUCKofD3ATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
On Amazon's Fire tablet there are apps that read the series data and those that don't. Both Calibre Companion (ebook manager) and Moon+ Reader (ebook reader) apps read calibre series data.

I have no experience with Apple, but the Calibre Companion (CC) app should sort your books in series. Then you can use CC to launch the book in whichever reading app you use.
Thanks for the help and the suggestions. If I can't make the calibre plugboard work, I'll try calibre companion.
Advert
Old 07-30-2018, 02:53 AM   #6
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
My library has been set up with calibre series info (ex. "Lord of the Rings series [1]", "Lord of the Rings series [2]", etc.), but the series category seems to be ignored by Apple's iBooks app when I import the library into it.

Which probably means there's no fix for the problem.
You are correct. iBooks ignores series category and doesn't work.

As @DoctorOhh recommended, I use CC which displays the series and then open the book with iBooks or Marvin.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote