Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Question: Books Library not updating

Hi

I have a couple of Kindle Fire HD 8 (6th Gen) devices with 5.6.2.0 installed however on one of the devices the books library is not showing sideloaded books/news sent from Calibre and using Calibre Companion.

I have tried the following:
1) Rebooted Device
2) Sent a new book and watched for it to appear - never appeared
3) Sent above book to second Kindle it worked fine. (This has same OS version)
4) Found a post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300195) saying to change the folder books are sent to from Books to Kindle - Tried this book never showed.
5) Factory Reset Kindle and loaded 1 book - it showed.
6) Loaded other books in small groups - none showed up on the Library.
7) Rebooted and still nothing shows.
8) Forced Stop the Kindle app from settings, cleared cache and data - nothing shows now.
9) Removed books from Kindle and again sent 1 via Calibre - did not appear.

The second kindle is working fine, so I am pulling my hair our as to why it's not working. Any ideas it's driving me mad!

Thanks
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It isn't clear where the books are not showing. Are you saying that they don't show in CC. or in the recent list?

IIRC the fire won't show books in the recent list until you read them. Unfortunately I can't verify that because my fire is in a moving box.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Hi chaley

Thanks, sorry I had meant to post in the general Kindle Fire forum but did it in CC instead.

They don't show in recent/library view at all even when reading them.

CC is also acting up though as it only shows a few but says they are all downloaded. I think I will reformat the Kindle and not restore from a backup this time and see if that works.
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote