Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
ompah
ompah began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
PDF, Same layout.

Hello everyone!

I have a magazine in PDF i wanna convert to iPad,
Currently, it splits all items up, so that my layout is messed up.
I wanna preserve the layout in my pdf and only cut the pages in half in the middle folding line,

I poked around a lot in the settings and now im clueless..
please help me out

I guess a shortcut can be to make the PDF pages to single images and cut the image in half, but i wanna avoid splitting with all 100 pages :O

Thanks,
Daniel
ompah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre cannot currently convert multiple-column PDF files correctly.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ompah View Post
I have a magazine in PDF i wanna convert to iPad
The pdf doesn't need to be converted to view it on the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ompah View Post
I poked around a lot in the settings and now im clueless..
This sticky post, Read this before Posting PDF Questions, and it will clue you in on the troubles with converting from PDF.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Get Goodreader for the iPad to view your PDF. No need to convert it. You can view it as is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote