Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #1
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
<p>-values within a table (not overridden by standard p)?

Can you set the values for <p> within a table in general, without the values being overridden by the standard <p> settings?

What I want:

css:
p { text-indent:3em; }
.tablep { text-indent:0em; }

html:
<td> <p class="tablep">bla bla</p></td>

But without having to set the class in the table-p.
(i.e.: <td> <p>bla bla</p></td>)

For values not in css-p, this works
td { something: value; }

But if it is in css-p, the value is ignored. Standard p-values seem to override.

Since the book has many tables I would like to skip adding the class everwhere if it's possible to set something that is enforced for all tables (they are all the same).

I have tried so many things and searched for hours... Hopefully I'm missing something obvious and you can help me out.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
table p {...}

Read up on CSS selectors.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Yes, thanks! That worked. :-)

I could have sworn I did that, I must have tried 10+ variations from all sort of examples I have found during my searches.

Also thanks for the resource, will study it.

Study... I read and study a lot, but for book-making and/or epub, I find that there is surprisingly few books. I think I have bought 4-5 books that I have seen recommended and they are all pretty limited.

Is there a good list of resources somewhere?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This isn't ebook specific - it's generic HTML/CSS. Lots of resources available for that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote