Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Update

Thanks to the headsup from Senior. there is an update available for the arc. 280mb

after downloading nothing obvious to report. hopefully someone from kobo can give us an explaination what it contained.

Last edited by stevov; 01-23-2013 at 04:04 PM.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I'm also wondering what 280MB worth of update did for my Arc. I don't see anything obvious.

Edit: Seriously, why hasn't Kobo posted info regarding this update on their official site? Sheesh! Inquiring minds wanna know.

Last edited by mr_nihilism; 01-23-2013 at 06:11 PM.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
chattylibrarian
chattylibrarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Heh! I came here just to see if anyone else knew what the update was. I was hoping it was JellyBean.
chattylibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
chattylibrarian
chattylibrarian began at the beginning.

But according to Wikipedia. update 4.0.4 is the last update before JellyBean! Maybe we don't have long to wait now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android...PI_level_15.29
chattylibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #5
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

iirc we were on 4.0.4 but i could be wrong. could someone who hasn't yet updated check the android version
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
stevov
Groupie

according to customer service the update was to fix a few bugs and make some improvements. what bugs and what improvements no one seems to know and there doesn't seem to be a changelog or other available to say.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
^
No one seems to know indeed.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
ibabob
ibabob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc
From the little time I passed on it I can see
- they made the font of the icons on the tapestries smaller
- their is a new animation for overscrolling in tapestries (if you swipe towards the right when you are already at the begining you will see the tapestries and icons wiggle)
- when dragging an icon from the app drawer to the home screen, the App Info button at the top now has a black background and, most important, is now functional before it was there but it was impossible to drop the icon on it
- I'm not sure of this one but it seems the animation when closing the screen is longer and smoother

I hope this does not mean that Jelly Bean is still like 3 months away...
ibabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
Issues with update

All the covers of books in my library are now blank and so are the covers in my tapestry carousel.Great, just what I needed. I wonder if I will have to do a reset.
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
RiverDan
RiverDan began at the beginning.

I don't see any change to my Arc. Nor can I find an official statement.
I'd love to know.
RiverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #11
maclover
maclover began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppowell002 View Post
All the covers of books in my library are now blank and so are the covers in my tapestry carousel.Great, just what I needed. I wonder if I will have to do a reset.
I had similar problem before: be sure to update the kobo app from GooglePlay and this issue should be fixed without any need for a reset
maclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Thanks maclover. All the covers magically reappeared this morning!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
ppowell002
Connoisseur

Oops, spoke too soon. The covers are back in my carousel but only a few in my library. I did update the Kobo app. Guess my next step is the help desk.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Alan_C
Alan_C began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
according to customer service the update was to fix a few bugs and make some improvements. what bugs and what improvements no one seems to know and there doesn't seem to be a changelog or other available to say.
This may just be a problem that was affecting me, but since the update it has gone away...

I couldn't pin widgets to a newly-created tapestry; every time I tried (with a number of different widgets), I got the "launcher has stopped" error message. Now, at least at the moment, it has gone away...
Alan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #15
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Does the Arc use the generic Android kobo App?

I have only used the Vox, and on this the Android app from the play store did work (before an update broke it),but it was not the same as the app that came pre installed
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote