Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
aarcane
aarcane began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/stanza
Cool HTML Book + non HTML TOC to epub

I have a handful of HTML files for a book. each file is a chapter, and I have a separate TOC html file. I don't want the HTML TOC file to be included in the pages of HTML in the book. I want to be able to have a TOC file with the name of a chapter and the URL of it, without having it show up as one of the pages you scroll through while reading the book. None of the guides I can find accomplish this, and omitting the TOC results in a page with out-of-order HTML pages.

I'm generally creating a .zip of my book folder and adding it to my book entry in callibre, then converting to epub.

long question short, how do I generate my own TOC with a bunch of html files that doesn't become a page in the book.
aarcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
aarcane

oh yeah, and I need at least two levels of TOC.
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Add

style="display:none"

to the enclosing html element of the TOC
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Or create an epub file and then hand edit it (its a simple change in the OPF file inside the epub)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
aarcane

sweet. I tried that second one, and while poking around I found some other interresting bits in the html I did some googling after that, and I'ma try to make my own from scratch since most of it is actually just xhtml on the inside. did you know that?. thanks kovidgoyal
Advert

Tags
epub, html, toc