Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil 7 doesn't appear in "Open with" context menu

I run Windows 7 64 bit.
After installing Sigil 0.7.0 I've uninstalled the old one (0.6.2 64 bit) and tried to open a file with the right click>open with>browse>Sigil.exe. No go.
Did anybody else have this problem, or is it some bug in my PC?
Other then that 0.7.0 is excellent.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Had the same problem, seems Windows can't handle the shift from a "Sigil.exe" in the 64-bits program folder to a "Sigil.exe" in the Programs(x86) folder. The normal way of setting the defaults didn't work.

I used a thirdparty tool ("Default Programs Editor", it's freeware and portable) to correct this.

Or you might prefer to edit the registry by hand ...

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
I run Windows 7 64 bit.
After installing Sigil 0.7.0 I've uninstalled the old one (0.6.2 64 bit) and tried to open a file with the right click>open with>browse>Sigil.exe. No go.
Did anybody else have this problem, or is it some bug in my PC?
Other then that 0.7.0 is excellent.
If you do not remember to tick files by the 'Associate with ' box that is the first to appear on install, it will not happen (and I think, clears previous)
You can add this late using Windows explorer. There are words below the list of 'Known' programs that allow you to browse to any program (Sigil.exe)'.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Thanks, elibrarian. That solved my problem.

Quote:
If you do not remember to tick files by the 'Associate with ' box that is the first to appear on install, it will not happen (and I think, clears previous)
You can add this late using Windows explorer. There are words below the list of 'Known' programs that allow you to browse to any program (Sigil.exe)'.
theducks, if You read my post, You'd see that I've done that - doesn't work.
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamanza View Post
Thanks, elibrarian. That solved my problem.

theducks, if You read my post, You'd see that I've done that - doesn't work.
Oops!
Miss- understood. I thought you were just trying to use the 'Context Menu'.
Rereading, I can see you were trying to Add it to the context menu.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
sellew
Enthusiast
sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T2
The same happened to me (running win7 64bit).
Another way of solving that is reinstalling Sigil and ticking the "Associate ebook files with Sigil" option at the beginning of the installation (as theducks says).
It's fast and easy.
sellew is offline   Reply With Quote