Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #31
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Looks rather bland like many have mentioned. But with the massive popularity of the iPad and the hypothetical Amazon tablet it seems like a smart move by Amazon.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #32
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo View Post
My guess is the old blue search bar and the orange and orange buttons:
Yes, that's it. The new search bar just blends into the page. Thanks.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #33
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Looks rather bland like many have mentioned. But with the massive popularity of the iPad and the hypothetical Amazon tablet it seems like a smart move by Amazon.
Why not have a tablet friendly version for tablets and mobile devices, like they already have? What about the iOS and Android apps they already have?

Long story short, why drop your iconic look and force everyone onto a site that is mediocre for everyone, instead of having things to be tailored to be the best for however people view the site?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I hope it fixes the problem of "Look Inside" which locks up my Xoom and Droid alike.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #35
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
the only real problem i had with the new look was that the search did not work very well
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #36
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
This is what I'm seeing. What a horrible design. Makes browsing more difficult by hiding the categories in a menu item rather than as a clearly visible sidebar. I'm not an Amazon.com customer, but this design will definitely keep me from becoming one (nor am I an Amazon.ca customer, and never will be if they change to this horrible design as well).

Last edited by JD Gumby; 09-10-2011 at 05:39 PM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #37
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
This is what I'm seeing. What a horrible design. Makes browsing more difficult by hiding the categories in a menu item rather than as a clearly visible sidebar. I'm not an Amazon.com customer, but this design will definitely keep me from becoming one (nor am I an Amazon.ca customer, and never will be if they change to this horrible design as well).
That's what I see as well. VERY difficult for me, because the "Shop By Department" which is RIGHT NEXT TO THE SEARCH BAR drops down if you hover near it (tablet friendly? what??) and pushes you out of the search box.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #38
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Quote:
I like the new Department categories menu a lot better, not because it drops down, but due to the size of the actual box that slides out. On the old site, I had a lot of trouble because if your cursor went outside the sub-menu box the teeniest bit, the sub-menu tray disappeared and you had to go back to the main menu to re-select the sub-menu. Really annoying to use with a mouse touchpad.

Also, what makes me an Amazon customer is not their website design, but their prices. More often than not, they price match (or better) a lot of the weekly (or Black Friday) sale prices of brick-and-mortar stores. Free 2-day delivery, no need to wait in lines, and returns are a breeze. The site will take some getting used to, but if their prices and customer service stay the same, then the website change is OK by me.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #39
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I'm still getting the old site.

Which is kind of cluttered and overgrown, and could definitely used some pruning...but I still think it's better than the new designs that have been posted here.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo View Post

Also, what makes me an Amazon customer is not their website design, but their prices. More often than not, they price match (or better) a lot of the weekly (or Black Friday) sale prices of brick-and-mortar stores. Free 2-day delivery, no need to wait in lines, and returns are a breeze. The site will take some getting used to, but if their prices and customer service stay the same, then the website change is OK by me.

i actually could care less about the design unless it makes browsing difficult.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #41
avariel
Connoisseur
avariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-505
I never used the old orange bar on the left. Honestly, it was a pain.
avariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #42
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
This is what I am seeing on my phone too! It's horrible - the shop by department brings me to what you get from the current orange shop all departments button. It's a plain text page with all the same categories, but a list under each heading. I don't like that on a PC but it's way worse on a phone. It reminds me of mobile sites which I avoid at all costs. I guess no more shopping on my phone.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #43
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
That's what I see as well. VERY difficult for me, because the "Shop By Department" which is RIGHT NEXT TO THE SEARCH BAR drops down if you hover near it (tablet friendly? what??) and pushes you out of the search box.
Actually the department list to the right of the search menu works well on an iPad, you press the drop-down and an Apple menu appears with the different categories.
The one to the left isn't as good, as the text in the menu list is smaller, you it is easier to press the wrong thing, but again it appears when you press on it, which is the obvious thing to do for hover-over items.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Looks like it went live today. Probably already another thread started about it somewhere. I mean, it went live across the board.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #45
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i've been seeing the new site for days, and i don't care for the functionality or the look, which is generic with no personality and too much space.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote