Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
SunniD
SunniD began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Downloading and charging

Is there a way around my e reader wanting to charge every time I plug it into my computer to download a book? I haven't had it very long and have only downloaded 3 books from EPUB. Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.
SunniD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
No, but why would you need one... Li polymer batteries are perfectly happy with incremental charges... each plug in doesn't count as a charge only the percentage of the amount that it actually charges i.e. 50% charge recharged to 100% only counts as a half charge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunniD View Post

Is there a way around my e reader wanting to charge every time I plug it into my computer to download a book? I haven't had it very long and have only downloaded 3 books from EPUB. Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #3
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Indeed as elcreative has said, there is no down side to this.

In fact Lithium batteries like to be 'topped off' like this and will actually last longer with partial charge/discharge cycles than with deeper cycles.

So don't worry about the fact that your reader is charging every time you plug in the USB.

You can either do just a partial charge or a full charge, and things will be just fine, so you also don't need to worry about removing the charger before it reaches full charge.

Last edited by delphin; 02-16-2011 at 06:13 AM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
SunniD
SunniD began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Thank you both, obviously my first post so it was nice to get quick responses!
SunniD is offline   Reply With Quote