Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Kinde can't connect to iPhone wifi

I have tried to connect my Kindle 3 to the wifi hotspot I made with my iPhone but it can't connect due to some peer-to-peer limitations. Is there a hack to allow the Kindle to connect to such a network?
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
There is a suggestion in Luigi Rizzo's Kindle blog : http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/kindle/ under the topic "Network Connection" that you might want to try.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I rather guess it's the missing support for ad-hoc networks; I think the iPhone uses ad-hoc (IBSS) mode and does not work as a real access point. Problems with ad-hoc mode were mentioned on this board before, e.g. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109272
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
thanks a lot
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote