Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-28-2003, 07:33 AM   #1
broth
broth began at the beginning.

NYT solution figured out

I have created a method of getting the NYT done in a semi-automatic method. I have a script of how to put this together. I would like someone to look at it before I put it out to the world. Requires the cookies to be set and a little knowledge of using a text editor. Simple once it is set up. I can get the 5-6 sections that i read daily created in about 4 minutes while the rest of the islio is coming down. Email me and I will send someone the steps and then if that is clear I will post it. Thanks.

Last edited by broth; 05-07-2003 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:40 PM   #2
broth

Here the link to the solution. This is an explanation of how to work through getting any section or sections of the NYT that you desire to get down to your palm.

http://www.msu.edu/user/rothb/palm/nytdoco.html

Try it out - see if it works for you.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:33 PM   #3
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Interesting method, broth, but since you have to look at each page anyway and have eliminated iSilox doing the looking for you (which we all know they've taken away from us!), not sure you've gained anything over simply doing this process:

1. Go the article you want, click on printer-friendly format link.
2. Click on the iSilo Clipper icon (iSiloXv3.35) on the Explorer bar, set iSilo options, click "convert".
3. Sync

You end up with individual files thus (attachement). Do you get different results than the attachment below? Good job on detailing how to do your method, but maybe I missed something there...seems like you're just doing a live page clip.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb western targets attacked in.pdb (0, 3 views)
Old 05-13-2003, 12:30 PM   #4
broth

I will have to look at you file later when I get home.

I don't have to look at each article - the only page I look at is the section that I desire. For example the International section has 35 articles. I get all of these by doing the process in one set of steps.

Also you will need to set the clipper level to something greater then 1 to get other pages other then the first page that you would be sitting on if the article has more than one page. You will also get a lots of stuff.

My steps is more of a process of getting all the printer friendly version of the articles in a given section. A semi-automatic process.

Quote:
Originally posted by gvtexas
Interesting method, broth, but since you have to look at each page anyway and have eliminated iSilox doing the looking for you (which we all know they've taken away from us!), not sure you've gained anything over simply doing this process:

1. Go the article you want, click on printer-friendly format link.
2. Click on the iSilo Clipper icon (iSiloXv3.35) on the Explorer bar, set iSilo options, click "convert".
3. Sync

You end up with individual files thus (attachement). Do you get different results than the attachment below? Good job on detailing how to do your method, but maybe I missed something there...seems like you're just doing a live page clip.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #5
Ronin
Nameless Being

I haven't tried it the way you describe yet, GvTexas but wouldn't you have to set the cookies each time that way?

Jon