Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #34591
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Here are some in your colour. And you don't have to worry about losing or gaining weight or hemming anything. A win win win win pair of pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
And they're comfortable. Stretch pants are all I ever wear around the house.
Me too... but not like that. My all-time favorite pants are stretch cargo pants made by Sportif USA, and I have them in tan, navy, and sand colors, in both long pants and shorts! Because of the stretch fabric it's easy for me to lift my leg over my motorcycle! These are almost as rugged as jeans but look just a bit more formal. But they are not really 'winter' pants. Too much breeze... That's where the Dickies work pants work so well, right down to freezing temps. Then I have to go with flannel-line chinos from LL Bean. But inside the house, I'm back into the Sportif stretch pants or shorts. In fact, I'm wearing a pair of the shorts right now. But if I open my belt and stand up, they will fall to my ankles. Yippee!!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #34592
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #34593
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I love me some yoga pants. Comfy, stretchy, and nicer looking then sweat pants.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #34594
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Lexie got an unintended new toy for World Animal Day.

One of the hallways in our house hasn't got any daylight coming in and most of the day a LED light is on because the switch is on the wrong side of the hallway. Yesterday we got some new products in to sell in our store, one of them was a light fixture with a build-in LED (can't be changed when broken) and a motion detector. To test it out (colour, durability, etc) he put it in place of the simple light fixture in the hallway.

Soon Lexie discovered a great new game: turning on the light. She turns it on by moving, then sits still for the couple of minutes the light burns and moves again when it goes off. She can keep this up for hours (we used to have a cat who played the same game with a computer screen; moving the mouse when the screen turned off).

It isn't too bad she discovered this game: the leaves in the trees have started to fall and falling leaves drive her crazy, in an OCD kind of way.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #34595
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Reading up on the history of the British plug and why it is so much bigger than plugs used in most other countries.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #34596
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Reading up on the history of the British plug and why it is so much bigger than plugs used in most other countries.
Is it bigger than the Singapore plug? That thing is massive!

Stitchawl
Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #34597
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Is it bigger than the Singapore plug? That thing is massive!
Singapore uses the British plug, BS 1363. It is an extremely safe electrical plug in its latest version. The earth connects first, and the live and neutral plugs are insulated near the plug to ensure that bare metal can't be touched with the plug partly inserted. The live and neutral outlets has a shutter that is only opened when the earth prong is inserted into the socket.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #34598
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Attempting to engrave my mechanical pencils using my father's Dremel. It is probably very anal but I'm engraving the hardness of lead on the pencil so I can keep them apart. I tried using labels but they get dirty quickly and a list isn't working too well either.

Engraving is harder than I thought. The Dremel has a tendency to skip away and I'm afraid to push too hard. Maybe I put in on a too slow speed.

I've also engraved my initials on a couple of USB sticks. When I lend them out to someone and ask them back people have a tendency to say that it's their USB stick (especially my mom), this way it's clear they're mine.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #34599
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Kicking back with a mug of Yorkshire tea while uploading date from my GPS Navigator to the mapping software. We left early, early, early this morning for a 190km ride through the Fall mountain colors. Today is a National Holiday in Japan, it was the first really perfect-Fall weather-sunshiny day we've had, and we knew the main roads would be jammed. So we left home early to beat the traffic, and got ourselves into the mountain roads. I think every mother's son and daughter who have motorcycles chose today to make a mountain ride. We rode with hundreds of other bikers, on and off as we passed each other. We planned to picnic but it never warmed up and when we got to a major rest area with a restaurant, the parking lot was packed with bikes! Fantastic day all around! Oops! Upload is done. Gotta plot the route for next time!

Stitchawl
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #34600
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coke Zero #3.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #34601
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Coke Zero #3.
wrong thread? i did the same thing earlier...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #34602
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
wrong thread? i did the same thing earlier...
Luckily, announcing that I'm drinking my third coke zero of the day could be argued to be on-topic for this thread.

But yes, it should have been in another place.

Just now I'm blushing!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #34603
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
We all make mistakes...that is what the "edit" button is for.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #34604
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've never seen a mouse blush. But speaking of meeces (points if you catch the reference)....

Last night we had a visitor in the control room. As I was looking for something in one of the cabinets, I saw a mouse scurry from behind the cabinet to a location under my workmate's desk. Did I tell her? Are you kidding? A couple of years ago someone found a small, harmless, non-venomous snake outside the control room. After she found out about it she was seeing snakes everywhere for the next two weeks. Nah, sometimes ignorance is bliss.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #34605
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

My less refined relatives have been known to gnaw through the insulation on electrical cables. I suggest you find someone who can live trap and release.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?