Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2022, 02:56 PM   #46
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When I was younger, I used to sit at the table eating cereal for breakfast and reading the cereal box. I would read it even though I already read it.
I always did that too!

Back to the original topic -. I usually carry a handbag so if I'm taking an errader with me it goes in the handbag.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #47
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm happy to say that my non-court days vastly outnumber my court days!
<SNIP>
I litigate at least one day a week and I supervise a staff of 12 attorneys. I spend A LOT of time in dingy, rural courtrooms.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #48
mistral
mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kindle Paperwhite 5, Boox Poke 3
Quote:
I think Apple should go for the MiniUSB port just to piss off the EU.
If they did that I’d cry (but probably still not switch from iphone lmao)
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:40 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral View Post
If they did that I’d cry (but probably still not switch from iphone lmao)
I'd be OK. I do have some miniUSB cables around here.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:40 PM   #50
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I sewed a simple protective sleeve with fleece on the inside and a denim-like material on the outside (looks essentially like a large pocket). Ereader goes in that, and then in whatever I'm travelling with - handbag, backpack, suitcase, etc. Easy peasy
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 04:39 AM   #51
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
I'm curious what people are using for when they are traveling with their ereader(s).
I have custom built cases for my 6" e-ink reader and for my Yotaphone with e-ink secondary screen.
When I am traveling to places where I can get wet - camping, going to beach, going for a hike, I put my reader[s] and phone[s] to a plastic food container that is watertight, so they have extra protection from elements. Normally I do not carry my big reader with me and the Yotaphone travels in my pocket or a bag (depending on a season and where I am going and for how long)
Quote:
Bonus question - what else is in your edc?
Yotaphone, small and very cheap no-name multitool (folding pliers and knife and scissors).
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:44 AM   #52
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
I have ereader apps on my phone (Pixel 4a5G) with 128*GB of storage, and I'll open up my Kindle/Kobo/Google Play Books or Moon+ to read on the go.

Otherwise, I have my Kindle Paperwhite in a case with a sleep cover that fits in my purse/backpack, and a small zipper bag with charger plug and cable that fits the Kindle. My car has USB ports for USB A & C cables, so I can charge either on the go.

Every day, I have my phone, so I have something to read. I think I'm going to redo my Moon+ phone library to have different books than my ereader apps, so I don't have duplicates.
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:01 PM   #53
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
A quilted potholder I keep in my purse. It's light, easy to slip my reader in and out of and protects it from being scratched by objects in my bag.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:39 PM   #54
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
My day-trip bag is a canvas sling bag, which holds my e-book reader, my water bottle, and anything else I might need while out and about (sunglasses, portable battery, spare USB-C cable, painkillers, etc).

My Kobo Clara HD used to fit in it with room to spare, but my new Sage is a bit of a tight fit at the moment due to the makeshift sleeve I've got on it from a 10" tablet. I might look into that Etsy shop that someone else posted for a form-fitting felt sleeve.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:18 PM   #55
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Usually my purse or work bag if going into the office.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:51 AM   #56
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Click image for larger version

Name:	53ee151029429ea06027b2b7db2b26e1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	195253
Click image for larger version

Name:	b34ebdc24a5d245b85496dfd2a3cebd5.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	195254
I actually just made a new sleeve today, see pics for how it looks. They are surprisingly easy (and very cheap!) to make as long as you have a sewing machine of some sort. I follow this tutorial: https://jasminslibrary.de/2020/06/17...reader-sleeve/

They are great and you can custom fit to whatever ereader you have (I made mine suitable for my Kobo Libra 2 with the sleepcover on)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by issybird; 07-23-2022 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Oversize images attached as thumbnails. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size.
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #57
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
If I only read at home, I'd be missing out on some good reading time.
Agreed. A lot of guys use their phone and a kindle app away from home. I have a purse for easy transport and use. I used to read on my Itouch for short jaunts (standing in line at Post Office during Christmas season) but the font has to be so large now that it is even impractical for my Iphone 8Plus.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-23-2022 at 11:42 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #58
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Apple going USB-C on the iPhone is a bad idea. The EU should be forced to pay for all the USB-C cables to replace all the lightning cables we've already purchased.
It is the only device I know which uses it. How happy I am my wife switched to Android. What a pain 😭. I have been using Apple laptops all my life but I hate their phones.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:43 PM   #59
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Hopefully this is the right sub-forum for this question...I'm curious what people are using for when they are traveling with their ereader(s). Whether it be travelling internationally or simply going to the coffee shop, do you use a bag, purse or your pocket? If possible share a link or image of what bag/purse you're using. I'm looking for a good purse to carry 2 devices - my Kobo and a regular 7" Android tablet. I'd like some ideas.
Bonus question - what else is in your edc?
I like the origami official cases of Kobo for my Libra2 and Sage. They are very comfortable to grab and they fit inside in a bag I always carry with my wallet, phone and keys.

I also have a likebook Ares I carry without case and screen and it has no scratches yet so I presume I don't need cases for the Kobos either but I like to fold the origami cases when reading.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #60
ableal
Enthusiast
ableal began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (2009), Kobo Clara HD (2018), Kobo Libra 2 (2022)
My Kobo Clara HD practically lives in an inside pocket of my jacket. No case, just mingles with a slim leather card case and a couple envelopes which provide enough padding.

The Libra 2 knocks around the home grounds, suitably encased in library togs. When it grows up it will handle the job of too many too full shelves.
ableal is offline   Reply With Quote