Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-02-2022, 07:52 PM   #61
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
You can tell Calibre to look in the K4PC folder and automaticaly suck in any books it finds there.

Under Preferences/adding books/automatic import/ what ever folder you want it to look in.
When does Calibre check the folder? I set it up a little while back and have yet to see books pulled in automagically.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:35 PM   #62
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
When does Calibre check the folder? I set it up a little while back and have yet to see books pulled in automagically.
Unless you are using an older version of K4PC, automatic adding is not going to work since it only works on the directory it is pointed to and not subdirectories. So if your K4PC directory is filled with filename.ebok directories, it's not going to work.

To quote the man who should know: "And no, automatic adding will never support sub folders."
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:25 PM   #63
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Unless you are using an older version of K4PC, automatic adding is not going to work since it only works on the directory it is pointed to and not subdirectories. So if your K4PC directory is filled with filename.ebok directories, it's not going to work.
Mine is not. There are no subdirectories in my Kindle folder. See attachments.

Edit: Doh! I just noticed the problem! In every other plug-in I use, those check boxes represent file types you WANT. I just noticed this one says 'ignore these'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Documents.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	194715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Documents add.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	194716  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 07-03-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:40 PM   #64
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Doh! I just noticed the problem! In every other plug-in I use, those check boxes represent file types you WANT. I just noticed this one says 'ignore these'
That's bass ackwards.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:53 PM   #65
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
I put all of the books i want to add in that folder and it seem to suck them when everytime i start Calibre.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:00 AM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
I put all of the books i want to add in that folder and it seem to suck them when everytime i start Calibre.
Yeah, it works now. I made a mistake (see post #63).
Old 07-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #67
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Yeah, it works now. I made a mistake (see post #63).

Glad you got it to work
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:56 PM   #68
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Mine is not. There are no subdirectories in my Kindle folder. See attachments.

Edit: Doh! I just noticed the problem! In every other plug-in I use, those check boxes represent file types you WANT. I just noticed this one says 'ignore these'
Easy enough mistake when everywhere else you choose which formats to include.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote