padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
margin: 0 5pt
}
.calibre1 {
display: block;
margin: 1em 0
}

Why is the viewer showing text on top of each other?

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Max
MaxM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If the code screen capture is full left margin
The HTML tags are severely mangled.

Code:
<p class="indent">Below him,
NOT
[edited]
Code:
<p
class="indent"> Below him,
I don't believe a tag can have a newline

Last edited by theducks; 10-29-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Brain storm
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
MaxM
MaxM began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
I think I found the reason

This line:
Click image for larger version

Name:	c3.PNG
Views:	216
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	167285

had multiple double blanks between each word.

After I replaced these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	c4.PNG
Views:	204
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	167286

it looked quite normal.

Good to know.

[Edit]
Not only that, but I recognised that the Pdf-converter used (hex) "a0" istead of (hex) "20" for blanks.

Thanks,
Max

Last edited by MaxM; 10-29-2018 at 02:02 PM.
MaxM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxM View Post
[Edit]
Not only that, but I recognised that the Pdf-converter used (hex) "a0" istead of (hex) "20" for blanks.
Interesting that it used a non-breaking space rather than a standard space.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting that it used a non-breaking space rather than a standard space.
that would account for the visual mess in the tags between the tag and attribute. all the rest is being treated as an unbroken line
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't believe a tag can have a newline
Newlines shouldn't be a problem. The HTML spec says that whitespace is ignored inside tags (section 8.1.2 in the current version of the spec).
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
Newlines shouldn't be a problem. The HTML spec says that whitespace is ignored inside tags (section 8.1.2 in the current version of the spec).
We all KNOW how well ADE follows "the spec"
BTW e-books follow a subset of HTML, not the full thing

Old adage:
"If it hurts when you do this...
Stop doing that!"

There is "the spec", and then there is reality.
My K4 refuses to show some books as they appear in: K4PC, The Kindle Previewer and Calibre's book viewer. (and the code does not trip warnings)
Old 11-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
It's the adjacent non-breaking spaces which cause this problem of some text being invisible in the Editor - usually around the line wrap area. I see it quite often.

I have a vague memory, from a while ago, that it's a known problem with the underlying Qt library, i.e. not fixable by calibre alone.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ - likewise.

It's one of the reasons why I use Sigil for editing the code.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote