Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 06:18 AM   #106
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Just as an example, I took my Kobo eInk reader out to read yesterday when I knew that I was going to be sitting out in the sun waiting for a football game to start. It was a situation that reading my iPhone was difficult in. IMPO, it's a case of using the right tool for the right job.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #107
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
A few times a year....maybe. Beach vacation perhaps. When I used to sit on the sidelines as my kids played soccer. If I can't possibly read due to direct sun, then I'd listen to a book.

Far more relevant to me in the midwest, is reading in the dark. I read much better on phones and tablets than I did reading real books in that light.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #108
davidjren
davidjren began at the beginning.

Device: ebook
I'm here. I also read outside nearly every day.
davidjren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #109
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjren View Post
I'm here. I also read outside nearly every day.
That's my goal when the rain ends here. To read outside every day until it's too cold. Forced indoors this year because of street construction and family health issues. In the Spring, I repainted everything (tables and andirondack chairs) and then was unable to use any of it until a few days ago.

Last edited by Tarana; 10-09-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #110
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Not to many people reading here right now. We are under a tornado watch.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #111
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
I told my sister who is in a high rise (8th floor condo) in Pensacola to get out now, and head North.

We have a bedroom and 2 beds at the ready.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #112
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
She should be OK. Michael is going to make landfall between Panama City and Apalachicola around 2:00 PM today and then turn northeast. I am on the eastern side of the track and will have to watch out for Tornados. Michael's centerline is tracking over Albany Georgia and then up the eastern seaboard through both South and North Carolina. By early Thursday morning (2:00 AM) it will be well past our location.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #113
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
I read outside almost every day.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:45 AM   #114
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
I'd say that's the best time to start reading (just not outside...)

We just had a short vacation (walking in the Alps), and halfway we decided to take a rest day. So, that day we came "home" to the hotel fairly early and went to sit on the balcony, reading in the sun! At home, I just don't have the time to do that (too many other things you should be doing...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:31 AM   #115
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd say that's the best time to start reading (just not outside...)

We just had a short vacation (walking in the Alps), and halfway we decided to take a rest day. So, that day we came "home" to the hotel fairly early and went to sit on the balcony, reading in the sun! At home, I just don't have the time to do that (too many other things you should be doing...)
One of my favorite vacations was going to one of the Georgia coastal islands (usually Cumberland or Sapaleo) and and go camping. Usually, I would walk the beach in the early morning and late afternoon/dusk and read in the shade at camp during the heat of the day. Pre ebook, I would carry a stack of 10 books or so for a 5 day camp. Very restful.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #116
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Pre ebook, I would carry a stack of 10 books or so for a 5 day camp. Very restful.
We once went on a short skiing trip. As it was supposed to be short, we each decided to bring only one book (a thick one in my case: The Count of Monte Christo, which I had just started). We arrived on in the evening, and the next day early afternoon, a blizzard struck. And we were sitting on top of a mountain, with only one way to get down: a seatchair lift. Which was out of commission, naturally, due to the high winds. The next day, I had finished my book (nothing else to do ) And the day after that, my husbands book And then we still had a day to go before the wind had died down enough to start the lift again...

Since that holiday, I always brought way more books than should have been required.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #117
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
...The Count of Monte Christo, which I had just started... The next day, I had finished my book...
Were you reading an abridged version? I forget the page count, but an unedited version of The Count of Monte Cristo is a whale of a book. I admire you.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:51 AM   #118
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Were you reading an abridged version? I forget the page count, but an unedited version of The Count of Monte Cristo is a whale of a book. I admire you.
Never! There are already multiple versions out there, without there needing to be an abridged version

According to Amazon, the book has 1168 pages

https://www.amazon.com/Count-Cristo-.../dp/0192833952

And if you've nothing else to do, for a full day, but read, that will go fast It was literally a hotel on top of a mountain peak.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #119
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
And if you've nothing else to do, for a full day, but read, that will go fast It was literally a hotel on top of a mountain peak.
Ruined vacation or paradise? As long as the hotel wasn't called the Overlook, I'd love it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:45 AM   #120
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Ruined vacation or paradise? As long as the hotel wasn't called the Overlook, I'd love it.
A bit of both. Had we more books with us, it would have been paradise, as it was it was a bit of ruined vacation and a bit of paradise (there's nothing as awesome as sitting on top of a mountainpeak during a snowstorm!)

But we're going offtopic and now I want to go back there (just looked it up on google maps again )