Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-12-2016, 12:08 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milica Who View Post
I don't know if those tags, or HTML markup as you called it (I'm not very familiar with these stuff ), are problematic for Mantano e-reader only or for other ebook readers (that have the ability to read description) too. If this problem appears in other ebook readers, too, then I also think it would be good to report a bug. If this issue is only Mantano related, I don't know if that's enough to report a bug...?

I agree, it would still be good to make this official plug-in, regardless of this being a bug or not .
IMO even if it's only a problem in Mantano the checkbox is labelled "Convert . . . to plain text". In this context plain text means no frills, furbelows, or embellishments... surely?

However Mantano is not a alone, Tracker Software's PDF XChange doesn't interpret any HTML markup in the Description metadata - whether its put there via calibre (Embed Metadata or Conversion) or otherwise.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-12-2016 at 09:16 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Terisa de morgan - any reason why your plugin can't be made official? The above won't fix what's been already downloaded, and some folks might prefer to normalise selectively.
Pure laziness from my side. I don't know what I would have to do to make it official. I have another plugin I made only for this forum (it stores the file name when a book is added to calibre) which is in a limbo because of the same reason.

If you tell what I would have to do, I can try.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Pure laziness from my side. I don't know what I would have to do to make it official. I have another plugin I made only for this forum (it stores the file name when a book is added to calibre) which is in a limbo because of the same reason.

If you tell what I would have to do, I can try.
Basically, create a thread for the plugin in the Plugin forum. Then, if you want it in the list calibre will check, ask a mod to add it to the index. There are some basic instructions at the top of the index thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:49 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Basically, create a thread for the plugin in the Plugin forum. Then, if you want it in the list calibre will check, ask a mod to add it to the index. There are some basic instructions at the top of the index thread.
thanks david you beat me to it

@Terisa the PI Index thread has a pro-forma Index entry layout as an attachment

When you PM a mod include the location of the PI's thread, and what you want in the Index using that layout. The index is a bit of a PITA to maintain so having something one can simply copy & paste helps.

IIRC the Plugin Updater whizzbangery looks at the Index to pick up changes every hour on the half hour.

BR
Old 07-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
thanks david you beat me to it

@Terisa the PI Index thread has a pro-forma Index entry layout as an attachment

When you PM a mod include the location of the PI's thread, and what you want in the Index using that layout. The index is a bit of a PITA to maintain so having something one can simply copy & paste helps.

IIRC the Plugin Updater whizzbangery looks at the Index to pick up changes every hour on the half hour.

BR
Yikes! Something broke the Pro-Forma attachment link in the Index thread
Here is a copy

And I totally agree with you BR. The maintenance is a bit unwieldy when inserting new items.

Last edited by theducks; 07-12-2016 at 09:24 PM. Reason: now working
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #21
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yikes! Something broke the Pro-Forma attachment link in the Index thread
So why didn't you mend it?!

Try it now

If its OK I suggest you remove the one you just posted, in case we change it again.

BR
Old 09-25-2018, 05:28 PM   #22
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
[QUOTE=Milica Who;3351163]I discovered that the problem is in these xml tags.../QUOTE]

Hello Milica Who,
I am having a similar issue with Bookari (maybe the same if i understand correctly). I'm somewhat new to Calibre. I have installed the plugin found here and see that it does indeed remove all the formatting. However, i'm still not seeing my metadata changes reflected in Bookari. Would you happen to have any suggestions as to what i'm doing incorrectly? Is it possible Bookari is not refreshing to see the changes?, or maybe i'm just overlooking something simple (I hope!). I'm working with epub files.

Thanks, Tom

PS- I find that i can get Bookari to see the metadata changes, if i remove the book entirely and re-send it from Calibre. This i would rather not have to do as i would lose all my annotations.

Last edited by tomx2; 09-25-2018 at 05:41 PM.
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #23
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
Thank you Terisa de morgan! I had given up doing anything about the junk code in descriptions as something beyond me...this plugin is wondrous.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote