Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A video tour of the calibre editor

Hi all,

I just finished recording a video tour of the calibre editor, some of you might find it handy. Available here: http://calibre-ebook.com/demo#tutorials
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
alreds
alreds began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505LC, iPad2, iPhone5, Kindle KB, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire
Excellent video, thank you.
alreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Very nice video. Very helpful!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Arkadian
Connoisseur
Arkadian began at the beginning.

Device: none
Video not playing here (Mac, Mavericks). Not tried to download it.
Arkadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The video requires Flash, which is probably why it was not playing on OS X. In any case, I have changed all the videos on the calibre site to use HTML 5 video and fallback to Flash only if that is not available.
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
therealremo
therealremo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung GT-P3113
Thank You so much!
Your program is a great solution to what can be a daunting task!
-Remo
therealremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #7
Francois Driesen
Francois Driesen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is there a way to integrate the cover and summary of a book, found on the internet, into the book itself at the very beginning?
Francois Driesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Do a conversion and use the insert metadata as jacket option.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #9
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
Do you have a text file for the information in the video?
Sorry for the bother; I understand better reading than watching/listening
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
Do you have a text file for the information in the video?
Try the User Manual, there's a section on the editor ==>> calibre User Manual — Editing e-books

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:29 PM   #11
mibook
mibook began at the beginning.

Thank you very much.
I had already started to use Calibre (because it's quite easy to maneuver) but the video tour is really appreciated. I learned many things. And one important, I'd like to share with you, is I find really clever all the helpfull tools you have put together in order to make things easier when we edit an ebook. Bravo !
mibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 07:32 AM   #12
HenryHutton
HenryHutton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia (Not so happy, so far) [Formerly Kindle (7th gen)]
Thanks a lot for all the tutorial videos, incredible documentation, forum support and so forth ( ), and especially for Calibre which is amazing and I don't know what would I do without.

Regarding this video, probably it's me being too fussy, but I found the background noise a little unpleasant. So, mainly for my own benefit, I took the liberty to clean the audio track a bit, applying noise reduction, gate and EQ filters. It's nothing professional nor perfect, but I find it myself easier to follow the tips (which are grand, since I need to fix few ebooks before to transfer them to my device).

So here's the link where you can find it and, of course, use it according to your needs.

https://disk.yandex.com/i/xFx0DVzPE3zsvg

Many thanks,
may all be happy
HenryHutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:45 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks, I'll see if I can replace the audio track in the source video (not quite trivial as it is stored in parts) when I have a moment.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:46 PM   #14
HenryHutton
HenryHutton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia (Not so happy, so far) [Formerly Kindle (7th gen)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHutton View Post
Here is with the video already, for the record..
HenryHutton is offline   Reply With Quote