Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 06:18 AM   #16
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Version 0.3.3

* Faster syncing
* Ignore unsupported formats
*Improvements to syncing tags
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:36 PM   #17
evans
evans began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've been playing with the Calibre extension. I have a couple of pseudo-bugs and one feature request that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread.

Instead of an entire separate BookFusion Sync window staying open, once the sync has started move to the Jobs area.

After a sync has completed, the dialog still displays Configure and Start. A more logical display would be to change Start to Done since the operation completed.

It would be really helpful if there was a way to indicate which books were synced to BookFusion. That could be either by adding a tag, or preferably supporting a custom metadata field that would update. See the Reading List and GoodReads plugins for examples. (I apologize if this is a little vague without screen shots, but I don't have access to Calibre at the moment.)
evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2020, 09:56 PM   #18
evans
evans began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If a book has multiple formats in Calibre, which are synced to BookFusion?
evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #19
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans View Post
It would be really helpful if there was a way to indicate which books were synced to BookFusion. That could be either by adding a tag, or preferably supporting a custom metadata field that would update. See the Reading List and GoodReads plugins for examples. (I apologize if this is a little vague without screen shots, but I don't have access to Calibre at the moment.)
I don't know how those plugins work in this regard (and I do have the Sync to Goodreads) but I have noticed that a book uploaded to BookFusion with the Calibre plugin gets a new ID in its metadata (where you usually put the ISBN out Amazon's ASIN) with BookFusion tag, the same happens with Goodreads. It would be possible to perform a search in Calibre for books with that kind of ID.
What I don't think is that the BookFusion ID would be deleted if you delete the ebook there, or the ID won't be informed if you upload the book from outside Calibre.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW - the Tag browser has an 'identifiers' category, you can do a search from there or enter something like identifiers:"=amazon:" in the search bar.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #21
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
I don't know how those plugins work in this regard (and I do have the Sync to Goodreads) but I have noticed that a book uploaded to BookFusion with the Calibre plugin gets a new ID in its metadata (where you usually put the ISBN out Amazon's ASIN) with BookFusion tag, the same happens with Goodreads. It would be possible to perform a search in Calibre for books with that kind of ID.
What I don't think is that the BookFusion ID would be deleted if you delete the ebook there, or the ID won't be informed if you upload the book from outside Calibre.
Bookfusion ID is not deleted when book is deleted in Bookfusion.

It is possible to have custom column which will show is book in Bookfusion or not: use column from other columns and template program: test(select(field('identifiers'),'bookfusion'),'Ye s ','')

If you just need to show BookfusionID in column - use template {identifiers:select(bookfusion)}

As far as I understood, Bookfusion ID will not be added to Calibre if you upload book outside of Calibre EXCEPT when book will identified as arleady loaded

Last edited by vikarti; 05-12-2020 at 07:32 AM.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:36 PM   #22
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans View Post
If a book has multiple formats in Calibre, which are synced to BookFusion?
As far as I understood how this works based on my experience with plugin:
if EPUB or MOBI is present - it's being used
if they are not present but 'AZW', 'AZW3', 'AZW4', 'CBZ', 'CBR', 'CBC', 'CHM', 'DJVU', 'DOCX', 'EPUB', 'FB2', 'FBZ', 'HTML', 'HTMLZ', 'LIT', 'LRF', 'MOBI', 'ODT', 'PDF', 'PRC', 'PDB', 'PML', 'RB', 'RTF', 'SNB', 'TCR', 'TXT', 'TXTZ' are present - they are being used. Backend will convert file to readable by clients.

Code:
class BookFormat:
    SUPPORTED_FMTS = [
        'AZW', 'AZW3', 'AZW4', 'CBZ', 'CBR', 'CBC', 'CHM', 'DJVU', 'DOCX', 'EPUB', 'FB2', 'FBZ', 'HTML', 'HTMLZ',
        'LIT', 'LRF', 'MOBI', 'ODT', 'PDF', 'PRC', 'PDB', 'PML', 'RB', 'RTF', 'SNB', 'TCR', 'TXT', 'TXTZ'
    ]
    PREFERRED_FMTS = ['EPUB', 'MOBI']

def __init__(self, db, book_id):
        self.file_path = None
        self.fmt = None

fmts = db.formats(book_id)
        if len(fmts) > 0:
            fmt = fmts[0]
            for preferred_fmt in self.PREFERRED_FMTS:
                if preferred_fmt in fmts:
                    fmt = preferred_fmt
                    break

if fmt in self.SUPPORTED_FMTS:
                self.fmt = fmt
                self.file_path = db.format_abspath(book_id, fmt)

Last edited by vikarti; 05-12-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:21 AM   #23
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 0.4.1

*Syncs now run in parallel
*Update metadata only when needed
*Continue syncing after network failure instead of restarting

Last edited by skillachie; 05-12-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #24
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
What about non DRM books obtained from trackers etc. Do BookFushion patrol such a thing? Or do they look for it at all?
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #25
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Maybe I'm confused as how this is supposed to work. I synced a book from my Linux system using the Calibre plugin, then installed Calibre on my Mac, but when I started sync from my Mac nothing was downloaded locally. I assumed I could sync the books in Calibre across my Mac and Linux.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:32 AM   #26
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
This plugin is not for synching Calibre books, is for uploading Calibre books to BookFusion cloud, but you have to connect to BookFusion to download the book to your device using their interface once you have the book in their cloud. So in your Mac, you'll have to connect to BookFusion site using Safari, Chrome or whatever you prefer, connect to your account, download the book and import it to Calibre.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:58 AM   #27
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankEyes View Post
What about non DRM books obtained from trackers etc. Do BookFushion patrol such a thing? Or do they look for it at all?
Users obtain a variety of non DRM free eBooks from various sources. eBooks uploaded to your private library, are meant for your private library. As a result BookFusion does not monitor user uploads or their private libraries.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #28
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Maybe I'm confused as how this is supposed to work. I synced a book from my Linux system using the Calibre plugin, then installed Calibre on my Mac, but when I started sync from my Mac nothing was downloaded locally. I assumed I could sync the books in Calibre across my Mac and Linux.
The plugin is meant to sync to BookFusion and then to your other devices via the BookFusion apps. However, the ability to do two-way sync seems to be expected and could be valuable to a subset of Calibre users and we are considering implementing this in the future.

How important is this feature for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
This plugin is not for synching Calibre books, is for uploading Calibre books to BookFusion cloud, but you have to connect to BookFusion to download the book to your device using their interface once you have the book in their cloud. So in your Mac, you'll have to connect to BookFusion site using Safari, Chrome or whatever you prefer, connect to your account, download the book and import it to Calibre.
Thanks for the reply milady133. If you have any suggestions to improve your reading experience, I would greatly appreciate it if you could spare 3 minutes to complete this survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...NHWXQ/viewform
Old 09-01-2020, 06:05 AM   #29
skillachie
Addict

Version 0.5.1

*Added support for Python 3. The plugin now supports the latest version of Calibre and also Calibre beta.
*Added additional support to retry after network failure.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:14 AM   #30
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Users obtain a variety of non DRM free eBooks from various sources. eBooks uploaded to your private library, are meant for your private library. As a result BookFusion does not monitor user uploads or their private libraries.
It's interesting what will happen if there is court order telling 'all cloud services' or Bookfusion specifically to delete specific book and prevent it being added in future.
What exactly will happen? Does it matter which book and court's jursdictionh?