Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Kindle Fire - transfer settings to new device

I'm trying to help my daughter switch over to a new Kindle Fire....she's at college so the devices aren't in my hand. Her old fire is dying but she's really concerned about losing settings/preferences/bookmarks etc. I'm used to the ipad method of device transfer (just sign in and it's like magic ).....can anyone point me at any sites that detail transferring all of your settings to a new device? I've searched on Amazon's help pages, and they're just dealing with the content itself.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
amazon has the same system - old device auto syncs to amazon servers, new device uses that info when registered to same account.
sync is automatic but you can force one from settings for extra peace of mind.

it only syncs amazon app settings so if you sideloaded google store, apps, chrome etc you need to take care of that.[if you don't have those, get them - greatly improces tablet - google or search here for detailed how-to].
but install those on new device, sign into chrome and you are almost done..
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2019, 02:55 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask questions about the Fire in the Fire forum, to where I’m moving this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
My bad, Harry. I don’t frequent the kindle forums much and didn’t realize there is a separate sub forum. Thank you for moving it.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote