Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 02:05 AM   #571
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Hi,

I just installed Job Spy to try to help with metadata-entry-agony.

I can't see much of the interface. Is there a setting to change font and font size?

I see that it can select user columns to include or exclude from copying and pasting metadata, but can it also exclude selected standard columns?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #572
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.173 GUI Tool "Apply View Manager Views Based on Virtual Library" Revised

Version 1.0.173 -2020-02-20 The GUI Tool "Apply View Manager Views Based on Virtual Library" has been reworked to be used with shortcuts instead of the previous deprecated method. Minor tweaks to the "Import CSV to Update Metadata" tool.

See the attached example which explains how it differs from the View Manager View selection of a particular VL to use.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_view_manager_integration_example.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	177268  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #573
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've long wished for a tool that updates the Size column with size of largest format file in the selected book. It would save me having to 'replace' what I know is/was the largest format after I edit it in place.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:02 PM   #574
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the attached composite custom column using a general program template what you are asking for?

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	max_book_size_all_formats.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	177356  
Old 02-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #575
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I've long wished for a tool that updates the Size column with size of largest format file in the selected book. It would save me having to 'replace' what I know is/was the largest format after I edit it in place.

BR
Doesn't the Quality Check plugin do this already? I remember it being borked on later Calibre releases, though, and needing to mess with the plugin a bit to force a size update.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2020, 05:44 AM   #576
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Doesn't the Quality Check plugin do this already? I remember it being borked on later Calibre releases, though, and needing to mess with the plugin a bit to force a size update.
Ah, I knew there was something somewhere.

And if IIRC QC Fix->Sizes ignored non ebook files, and its more or less on life support only. I'll try it anyway. It's just an I wish I had item, not an I must have item

Currently I open the book folder, copy the biggest file with Ctrl+C, and paste it into the book with Shift+Alt+V. I'm only bothered by gross discrepancies.

Added: I don't really want a custom column - got too many of those already

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-26-2020 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #577
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.174 New GUI Tool: Refresh Format File Sizes for Selected Books

Version 1.0.174 -2020-02-24 New GUI Tool: Refresh Format File Sizes for Selected Books; menu option added under Metadata Tools.

DaltonST
Old 02-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #578
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Ta, muchly

BR
Old 02-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #579
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Hi,

Is there some way with Job Spy's Protect/Unprotect Custom Columns... to simply hide the fields while still making them editable, so that other plugins can still write to them?

Thanks
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:03 PM   #580
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is there some way with Job Spy's Protect/Unprotect Custom Columns... to simply hide the fields while still making them editable, so that other plugins can still write to them?
Calibre uses the Custom Columns table to control whether you can edit a Custom Column or not. 'Edit Metadata' looks at that and then either hides or shows the CC. JS just allows an easy way to group different CCs differently to easily hide/show-protect/unprotect different CCs or groups of CCs within 'Edit Metadata' by maintaining the Custom Columns table as specified in the respective JS Tool.

What you are asking for requires standard Calibre to be enhanced, which is in Kovid's bailiwick.

The closest thing that you can do at the moment is to set the Preferences > Tweaks > 'metadata_edit_custom_column_order' such that the ones you would like to hide, but cannot, at least appear at the very end of all other CCs.

DaltonST
Old 02-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #581
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
That's what I did. Thank you anyways.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:37 PM   #582
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@ownedbycats - I dodge the bullet by not using the Single Metadata Edit dialogue.

Instead I edit in the book list. I control which and in what order columns are shown via a Views I define with the View Manager plugin. And I sometimes move, show, or hide columns on an ad-hoc basis.

The only columns I can't edit in the book list are Comments and Identifiers, so I move Comments to a custom column called Blurb, which I can edit from the book list. On the extremely rare occasion I need to edit an Identifier I'll use the Single MDE dialogue.

BR
Old 03-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #583
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.175 JS Quality Fix Menu Enhancements

Version 1.0.175 -2020-03-14 Added 4 menu selections to execute a few particular single JS Quality Fix tools in addition to the previously existing "fix everything at once" menu selection to invoke the same JS Quality Fixes as used for auto-added books automatically.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_quality_fixes_20200314.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	938.1 KB
ID:	177705  
Old 03-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #584
adrianf
Enthusiast
adrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it is

Device: iPad+MacBookPro
Thank you, @DaltonST, for your suggestion to add also languages as a sorting criterion. As my books are in four languages, this is indeed very helpful.

Thank you, @BetterRed, for your help so far. I have to say that I use Calibre under macOS 10.14.6
I cannot get rid of an error to do with the tweak «job_spy_save_metadata_in_opf_file», which I do not see in the
Preferences → Tweaks → Plugin Tweaks
despite the the way I customised the JS+ settings. Of course, I restarted Calibre, but to no avail.

Please see the two screenshots attached.

Can you please help? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 21.06.41.png
Views:	136
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	177741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 21.53.10.png
Views:	137
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	177742  
adrianf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #585
DaltonST
Deviser

ToolTips Required Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
I cannot get rid of an error to do with the tweak «job_spy_save_metadata_in_opf_file», which I do not see in the
Preferences → Tweaks → Plugin Tweaks
despite the the way I customised the JS+ settings.

If you have only one (1) Library, you do not need this tweak at all. Just check the box in Preferences > Save Books to Files. I am not sure why you are not using this Standard Calibre setting in the first place.

To answer your question, you did not read the ToolTips in JS+ Customizing for your .opf Tweak. See the attached image of it.

You cannot find it because you did not first add it.

To stop your warning messages, do what the message says. Either configure it properly, or turn off the checkbox in JS Customizing.

JS+ requires reading the ToolTips.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2020-03-16 08_42_18-.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	177759  

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools