Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta to for site changes

Attached is a beta to fix problems with the changes to the Fantastic Fiction site. The changes were in how the author and title were listed on the page. I haven't done a lot of testing, but it seems to work. Please try it and report any problems. When I'm happy it works, I will arrange for the first post to be updated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fantastic Fiction.zip (17.5 KB, 474 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 10-02-2014 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Updated version number.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #47
mob
mob began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
great - works for me - finally have my FF back in calibre - thanks a lot!

Last edited by mob; 09-13-2014 at 01:03 AM.
mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #48
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yes, it now is returning metadata -- only problem is, it's returning the title in both the title and the author fields... Otherwise, glad to have it working again. Many, many thanks...
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:29 AM   #49
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry - it's the FictionDB plugin that is returning the title in both the title and the author fields -- the FF PI is WONDERFUL!!! Thxxx..
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:43 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Firstly, thanks for the report on this plugin.

As to FictionDB, I have no idea how that happened. When I looked at the code, there is no way it would ever have fetched the author. But, I am sure I tested it. I have fixed this and posted a beta version at the end of the FictionDB thread.
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #51
Sylvia2
Sylvia2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Fantastic Fiction Series info not working?

So sorry if this has been addressed - I searched but could not find any info:

It seems since the update in Calibre to 2.0 I cannot get the series information to download from Fantastic Fiction. I can see the info on their site, but it doesn't download with the metadata.

But, it also seems like Fantastic Fiction itself changed their look at the same time -- some of their information on the pages is different [no links to authors' home pages etc]

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks so much [please forgive any newbie errors]
Sylvia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #52
Sylvia2
Sylvia2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
OK -- so now I realize I am not getting anything at all from Fantastic Fiction [not just series info] and am trying to dl the above fix -- but it is not coming in as a zip file == I feel inexcusably stupid today - but how do I dl that file?

I downloaded it but it shows as a .php file and I don't know what to do with that

OK! I changed the extension from .php to .zip and installed to calibre; am now getting covers and Series information again.

If there is something else I should do, please let me know

Thanks for the update

Last edited by Sylvia2; 09-13-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Adding information
Sylvia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sylvia2: What you did is the correct thing. The plugin should have been downloaded as a zip file, but sometimes the combination of browser and site gets it as a php file. Renaming it fixes.

And now that I have a couple of reports that everything is OK, I'll arrange to get it the update released.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #54
Sidetrack
Enthusiast
Sidetrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks much for the update
Sidetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #55
Rusecorbelia
Rusecorbelia began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone and Kindle
Plugin no longer returns data

Fantastic Fiction seems to have updated their website and the plugin no longer the works.

I reported this to the author via private message several weeks ago when I first noticed the problem, but I have not yet received a response. Until the plugin is updated it is essentially useless.
Rusecorbelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #56
Rusecorbelia
Rusecorbelia began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone and Kindle
Beta Works!

I just found the beta, I have installed and tested it, and it works. Yay. Thank you very much Davidfor.

Now could you do the same for the adults only version?
Rusecorbelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #57
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When I'm happy it works, I will arrange for the first post to be updated.
Are you happy?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Are you happy?
Yes, just forgetful. I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #59
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.1.6 Released

I have updated the attachment on the first post, thanks for the all the work on the plugin updates to davidfor.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #60
Trixter
Trixter began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Favorite and a question

First off a HUGE Thank you to the author as this is one of my favorite sites to get book information.

I also had a question/request I hope is possible.

Is there any chance you could adapt this script to work with MP3Tag as a source to help tag audiobooks?

MP3Tag is one of the better free tagging software I've found and the fact you can create your own sources to pull data from makes it the best in my opinion.

I've attached two Mp3Tag sources that work with pulling tags from audible and discogs as a reference if you would be so good as to take a look.

sources.zip
Trixter is offline   Reply With Quote