Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 12:03 AM   #16
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
Some users suggest to turn off auto update of apps and maybe turn off wifi if possible.
You mean turn off auto update system firmware? There is no option to auto update of apps.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:19 AM   #17
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
My Note was initially unable to apply the update, either from the cloud or offline. After a factory reset, the firmware was updated without issues (English language). This problem could be related to having encrypted the hard drive previously (necessary for using the Note at my work).
I have not done extensive testing, only tried the search function in the Note app, the absence of which has been a huge pain point for me. I must say I am very impressed. They finally added the ability to search in note titles - a basic function actually, I have written Onyx several times about it. More interestingly, the search in handwritten note contents actually works! I tried writing in block capitals, small block letters, cursive - the recognition worked in all cases. Well done Onyx!
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #18
eng10110
eng10110 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max Lumi
I've successfully updated to 2.0 on my Onyx Max 2

In the Note App, under "Settings" there is an "AI Recognition Settings" Language download option .. it allows one to select the appropriate language.

Does anyone know what this "AI" thing is for? Is it OCR and converts handwriting to text (This would simply be very awesome).

If so, how to invoke it?

The Note App has improved drastically with the ability to copy, move, delete, resize selected hand writes.

I am also unable to get the "Library" to show the most recent reads instead of a simple alphabetical listing of the books I have.

Any advice?

Yours Sincerely
Steven Sim
eng10110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:52 AM   #19
jyao75
jyao75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Boox Note
This should allow you search texts in your handwriting notes using the search icon on the top toolbar of the note application. It seems the first time you search the note, if will scan through the whole note and somehow digitize it, which can take minutes if your note is large (~20 pages). After that subsequent search is fast.

Last edited by jyao75; 12-03-2018 at 08:58 AM.
jyao75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #20
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Update installed after download it from http://www.onyx-international.com/
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 10:00 AM   #21
nozonyan
Enthusiast
nozonyan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryink View Post
I updated the firmware on Max 2 Pro (4 GB ram, 64 GB storage) last week (it was shipped with 1.9.7). Basically to get the update I first changed the language to Chinese and ran the OTA update and it seemed to upgrade the firmware to 2.0. Then I changed the language to English. It has been working without any issues. Except it occasionally switches the language to Chinese. Seems fine after I unticked the auto update. I had to run the play store patch and all is working. Except can't install previously purchased apps.

@Robert Bitzer
The textbox feature in the notes app works with my onscreen keyboard and Bluetooth keyboard. Not sure if this helps. Could it be the keyboard setting?
Try to force Google play store update through PlayStore settings. It will take a while after you click with no progression bar whatsoever but it will ultimately update play services and play store. That solved the issue for me when I got my note.
nozonyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #22
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't seen any abstract from my books in the library. How to see them ?
Old 12-03-2018, 11:02 AM   #23
Randy11
Wizard

Few minutes with the 2.0 version.

Sorry,

But I'm not very happy with the 2.0 firmware when I use the Max2 mainly for read.

The menu Library don't give the book's abstract. All my storage is analyzed, ok for the EPUB and PDF, but my HTML manuals are scanned too ! this give only 289 pages for my library.

In NeoReader 2, the 2 page mode is present ... but I can't crop the pages, the both or individually, when I try, I come back in landscape mode with one page.
With a EPUB file in 2 page mode, I can change the font's size, but not the width between the pages or the margins.

The PDF reader is faster, the good point.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #24
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
Sort decreasing and space available

Hi
I installed the new firmware and I noticed some things missing now:
- In storage before you could sort things by decreasing or increasing date but now there is no way to choose which direction.
- In settings there used to be a storage option that would tell you have much space left there is. I don't see this anymore.

Last edited by fgruber; 12-03-2018 at 11:07 AM.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #25
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I noticed that if you have any kind of optimization in some apps, their icons or backgrounds just straight disappear or go full black, no gray-scale at all
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #26
holger.nestmann
holger.nestmann began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note / Tolino Shine 3HD
I also updated and like the new changes.

I have 2 issues and were wondering if any of you experience the same.

1) The Play Store doesn't seem to be able to recover purchased items. It shows the price and if I purchase it again, the play store mentions that I own this item already.

2) The webview in built in browser and lightning plus, doesn't recover from a2 mode when scrolling. I need to switch to default launcher to get a full refresh and have the nice fonts. Once I scroll a tiny bit, the a2 mode stays on until I go back to the default launcher.
holger.nestmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #27
holger.nestmann
holger.nestmann began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note / Tolino Shine 3HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
This problem could be related to having encrypted the hard drive previously (necessary for using the Note at my work).
Does that mean you have google for work running with a work profile? My note hangs at creating the work profile.
holger.nestmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #28
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I downloaded the firmware from the onyxinternational website. One problem, I can't seem to find the install updates from local storage option? I have firmware 2.0 installed (2018_11_21... version) and according to the manual the option should be available under Settings, About Device, update from local storage.
But I cant see it in About Device or Firmware Update sections in Settings. So does this mean that once the device has 2.0 firmware upgrading from local storage is no longer an option? Unless I have missed something... Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #29
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryink View Post
But I cant see it in About Device or Firmware Update sections in Settings. So does this mean that once the device has 2.0 firmware upgrading from local storage is no longer an option? Unless I have missed something... Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!
I've upgrade from a local storage, i only selected the file 'update.upx'. The file can be really every where, the file was on my USB key connect to the Max2 with my OTG cable and my powered USB.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #30
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by holger.nestmann View Post
1) The Play Store doesn't seem to be able to recover purchased items. It shows the price and if I purchase it again, the play store mentions that I own this item already.
you need to update google play services
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote