Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
yes and my device should have 5.9.7
5.10.1.1 is newer than 5.9.7, Amazon reverted back to the older version
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
For the Paperwhite 4, you can actually download 5.10.1.3, if you want to take the chance. It's not listed on the update page, but it's available at ...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredown...2_5.10.1.3.bin
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 02:23 AM   #18
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
So how could I get the older version? They say they don't downgrade..
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:33 AM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
So how could I get the older version? They say they don't downgrade..
I think the poster meant the firmware download page for Paperwhite 3 reverted back to 5.9.7 after it had moved up to 5.10.1.1. As for downgrading, I know that requires jail breaking (but I'm sure if jail breaking can be done on the 5.10.1.1 yet -- or if will ever be).
Old 12-11-2018, 09:13 AM   #20
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Ok, I'll wait for the firm.. no jailbreak in my device!
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #21
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
What's the firmware deal for the Kindle Paperwhite (7th generation) ? I just bought my daughters this one on sale but I notice the listed firmware on the software update page is only at 5.9.7.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
What's the firmware deal for the Kindle Paperwhite (7th generation) ? I just bought my daughters this one on sale but I notice the listed firmware on the software update page is only at 5.9.7.
The 5.10.1.1 update caused some problems on the Paperwhite 3 (7th generation). Apparently Amazon isn't confident that they've fixed those issues yet. Honestly I'm surprised this is taking as long as it is.

One poster talked to Kindle support. The issues (apparently) happened when updating directly to 5.10.1.1 from firmware older than 5.9.7. Some folks report no problems when updating to 5.10.1.1 from 5.9.7. You can still download the 5.10.1.1 firmware directly from Amazon (but I would probably hold off until it shows back up on the regular page). I don't think 5.10.1.2 or 5.10.1.3 firmware is available for any device other than the Paperwhite 4.

The direct 5.10.1.1 download from Amazon is here for the 7th generation PW.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredown...e_5.10.1.1.bin
Old 12-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #23
Amaru
Amaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
For the Paperwhite 4, you can actually download 5.10.1.3, if you want to take the chance. It's not listed on the update page, but it's available at ...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredown...2_5.10.1.3.bin
I prefer to use finals, is there a changelog for this version though?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #24
Amaru
Amaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think the poster meant the firmware download page for Paperwhite 3 reverted back to 5.9.7 after it had moved up to 5.10.1.1. As for downgrading, I know that requires jail breaking (but I'm sure if jail breaking can be done on the 5.10.1.1 yet -- or if will ever be).
Yes, exactly right. If you have no issues, no need to downgrade though.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #25
idgaf2day
idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen.
Hi, I upgraded from 5.9.7 to 5.10.1.1 without (AFAIK) any problems. Still running the latter.
idgaf2day is offline   Reply With Quote