Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
ezPDF Reader question

I have my Nook Color rooted and I have some questions about ezPDF reader.

I have the program installed but it doesn't seem to work. I powered off then back on to get the icon to show up in the EXTRAS area. When I open the program up I can't see anywhere to download PDF files to the program. When I open up a PDF file it still opens with the old program.

What do I need to do to make the program work?

Thanks in advance!
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Where are your PDFs? Are your PDFs on your SD Card? Up at the top of the home page of ezPDF is a button labelled 'All PDF' and that should list PDFs on your sd card. If you then tap on it it will open, if you tap-and-hold you have the option to move it to ezPDFs folder on the sdcard. I'm not a heavy ezPDF user so don't know if there are other tricks to opening PDF files from within the program.

However, it sounds like another PDF program is set as the default. You can remove this behavior by opening NookColor Tools, selecting 'All Settings', "Manage applications", then finding your current PDF reader in the list, tapping it, then tapping 'Clear defaults'. Then when you next try to open a PDF file (say by using a file browser such as Astro) it should ask you what program you want to use and you can choose ezPDF. Odd, though, usually when you install a new program it clears the defaults for you.

Also, if the stock Reader is your currently set PDF default, you might not see it listed at first in NookColor Tools. If you don't, then hit the menu button, select Filter, and make sure 'All' is checked.

Last edited by zartemis; 01-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
One related question on this one: Is it possible to change the default folder from /sdcard to a custom one within ezPDF?
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Ok, where is the Menu button on my Nook Color?

I am also figuring that the stock reader (Quickoffice) that comes with the Nook Color has hijacked the PDF default. It is not in the Nook Color tools menu...
Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady

I re-transferred the files into the ezPDF reader and it worked. Thanks for the help!!!
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieGator View Post
Ok, where is the Menu button on my Nook Color?
It is normally one of the hardware buttons on android devices. On the Nook Color you can access it with SoftKeys (installed when rooting) or by using the app Button Savior. The menu button icon is usually represented by a set of parallel lines.

Quote:
I am also figuring that the stock reader (Quickoffice) that comes with the Nook Color has hijacked the PDF default. It is not in the Nook Color tools menu...
It will be when you use the menu button in NookColor Tools to change the filter to all.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Elric
Elric began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
It is normally one of the hardware buttons on android devices. On the Nook Color you can access it with SoftKeys (installed when rooting) or by using the app Button Savior. The menu button icon is usually represented by a set of parallel lines.

It will be when you use the menu button in NookColor Tools to change the filter to all.
This still doesn't work, because even though Manage Applications now lets me see QuickOffice it claims "No defaults set" for Quickoffice when I open its menu and therefore it won't let me hit the clear defaults button.
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote