Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
slmaslowski
slmaslowski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HD Calibre, files from Kindle not showing up in Calibre

I have downloaded the newest version of Calibre. After syncing my Kindle Fire HD to Calibre, some of the books show up but not all. Specifically, the books that are not showing up are those that are emailed directly to my Kindle using my kindle.com email address. When searching the kindle file folders on my computer, I cannot find the books either. WHen I go to access the file on my Kindle, I have to find them in the Documents tab.

Also, when I pull up these files on my Kindle, which are under the Documents section, I do not have the option available to email the file as an attachment either.

How do I get these files from my Kindle to Calibre??
slmaslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont, they are not available as files on the kindle. You download them from your amazon.com manage my content page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #3
slmaslowski
slmaslowski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
How do I get them to Calibre? For example, I have books that a friend sent me directly to my kindle using my kindle.com email address. I would like to add this book to Calibre.
slmaslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps you could ask your friend to email that book to you instead of to your Kindle.

Failing that, you can download the MOBI on any E-Ink Kindle. The problem is, I don't know where if anywhere the Fire devices store Personal Documents, and it is very possible that as Kovid says they aren't available as MOBI, but instead use an obfuscated cache or similar.
I wouldn't know, since I don't have a Fire device.
This is why I would recommend getting the original file instead.

Last edited by eschwartz; 06-26-2016 at 09:55 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote