Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #5086
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
You are right about the "stop looking". Yet, Amazon has my number and is targeting me with adds via email, fb and twitter.
And this is why none of my accounts are associated with any of my other accounts. I abhor facebook and will never have an account there. I made a dummy email for twitter (just to follow people), and I have turned off all Amazon mailings. I also run my twitter through a third-party app, so no ads.
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #5087
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
If you quit the other deal places and just use www.ereaderiq.com, it helps you stay focused on YOUR authors and series when they come on sale. That way you are ONLY looking at quality books at discount vs. random junk on Amazon. Even though I spent a lot this last month, and gripe about it, I also am not getting random books but books of authors I already enjoy like Ed McBain, Terry Pratchett, Cynthia Harrod-Eagles and Mark Edwards. Plus I'm often getting the matching whispersync title for $2.99 or less.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #5088
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm doing well so far this month. Only five books bought, and six books finished!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:43 PM   #5089
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'm doing much better at not buying books, thanks to discipline and the rigorous checking at the two public libraries I have access to. Only three books bought in July, and only two so far in August -- one a favourite author, and the other a flyer I should NOT have bought, even if it was on sale. It's these kinds of books I really need to avoid -- it's not as if I don't have MORE than enough books in my Calibre that I want to read, so I hardly need to take wild flyers on new authors I'm not likely to get to reading any time soon.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #5090
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
My addiction wasn’t helps with the discovery of Chirp and it’s deep discount on audio books
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2019, 03:31 AM   #5091
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I'm doing much better at not buying books, thanks to discipline and the rigorous checking at the two public libraries I have access to.
I wish I had that kind of luck with libraries. So far, I’ve found a grand total of five books I’m after in mine’s ebook collection.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #5092
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
My library's selection is pretty limited so last year I decided to subscribe to Brooklyn Public Library. It's $50 a year but it has saved me at least that much in ebook costs and far, far more in audiobooks. I resubscribed again this year.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:30 AM   #5093
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm doing well so far this month. Only five books bought, and six books finished!
I finished August with ten books read and only six bought. And two of those we SF magazine subscriptions.

Better yet, all the non-subscription books were discount books on my wishlist.

Here's hoping I do as well or better in September.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #5094
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I wish I had that kind of luck with libraries. So far, I’ve found a grand total of five books I’m after in mine’s ebook collection.
With Overdrive, you can, and should, suggest books you want them to acquire. My experience is that one library often buys books I suggest, and fairly quickly -- they have a large and flexible budget. The other library does sometimes buy a book I suggest, but it's less frequent. Their budget is far more limited, even though they service a far larger and more diverse geographic area.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #5095
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

August was a terrible month for me in terms of e-content. Lots of audiobooks and ebooks mostly because entire series were on sale or cheaper credits available for them. Still reading/listening to over 3,000 pages monthly, so while I'm not keeping up, I am getting through a lot of content.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #5096
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm doing fine on purchases: just two in August, one of which was an omnibus (in paper, eugh), so a total of three books. I'm still weak on freebies and loans, though, and the net change in my TBR was 0. Although I'm going to return that last library book unread, since it turns out I need to read some other stuff first, so I should maybe just remove it from the records instead of counting it as an In then an Out (abandoned).
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #5097
Tarana
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm doing fine on purchases: just two in August, one of which was an omnibus (in paper, eugh), so a total of three books. I'm still weak on freebies and loans, though, and the net change in my TBR was 0. Although I'm going to return that last library book unread, since it turns out I need to read some other stuff first, so I should maybe just remove it from the records instead of counting it as an In then an Out (abandoned).
You have such control!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #5098
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I only purchased 3 books all year spending $6.97. That's good.

However, I only read 16 this year and many were library books. I still have 16 more unread purchases since 2014 that I want to get through.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:53 AM   #5099
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
OK, I have retconned Arcanum Unbounded out of my history (although I can't actually physically return it to the library until tomorrow). I finished August with my TBR down by 1 and have always finished August with my TBR down by 1.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:08 AM   #5100
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I was doing very well this month. Only three books purchased.

Ten now. But only one I regret a little bit - an impulse purchases of a special offer, which looks like it's not going to be good enough to have been worth while.

For some reason one publisher has been doing some special offers over the past few days, and I've been getting notified by uk.ereaderiq.com that some of my wish list books have reached their target price. And in almost all cases, I found I did still want those books.

Still, not my worst month this year.