Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
Ammonite
Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma
Kobo Forma - Remove Walmart Ebooks as default splash cover

My Forma has "Walmart Ebooks by Rakuten Kobo" as the default image for when the device is off. I've selected my nook's cover art as my sleep image, but a bug results where I still the Walmart 'ad'.
Ammonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:27 PM   #2
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Wonder if the affiliate=kobo trick in the config file would solve that.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Change your affiliate. It works.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #4
Ammonite
Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.Ammonite has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma
Wow it worked! Thank you so much. It feels so nice to have the sleeping/powered off screen versus what felt like a "Kindle with Ads" experience before.

[General]affiliate=kobo is what the config file should say for those like me who want the Walmart image removed.
Ammonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Ammonite; thanks for giving us specific instructions.
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #6
ben_r_
ben_r_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Nice! Just did this on my Kobo Aura One and it worked perfectly!

For those that find this later and dont know what theyre talking about:

Plug your reader into a computer via USB, navigate to the folder on the device called .kobo, and open the file with a text editor named affiliate.conf. Once that file is open you will see the line(s) of text they are referring to above, simply change whatever is after the = sign to "kobo", save the file and youre done. Its just that easy!
ben_r_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
Nice! Just did this on my Kobo Aura One and it worked perfectly!

For those that find this later and dont know what theyre talking about:

Plug your reader into a computer via USB, navigate to the folder on the device called .kobo, and open the file with a text editor named affiliate.conf. Once that file is open you will see the line(s) of text they are referring to above, simply change whatever is after the = sign to "kobo", save the file and youre done. Its just that easy!
Yep, it worked for my Clara and my (2015) Aura.. Easy to change, even for the less technically savvy.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote