Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
Help for exporting highlights and notes in T68

i just received the T68 from ebook-reader.de. I am old owner of a M92 and wanted to continue with Onyx. I originally didn't check but now i realize there is no chance to export notes and highlights. I would have thought there should have been a progress on this point: with android, i figured even my highlights could have been posted on Facebook, for example or on Twitter (i intend to use these accounts to collect my highlights, not so much for a social use).
So my question is:
am i missing some functionalities? I don't see any chance to export notes/highlights.
Second question: if any, there is any chance to post automatically on Facebook?
Thank you for any help
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I share your pain. So far as I know, there is no way to export annotations or notes from the stock reading apps (though this has been promised at some point in the future...but don't hold your breath). As a student, the annotation issue is critical for me. The best solution, at least in my case, has been to download some reading apps from Google Play and use them. Most reading apps offer some way to export annotations. My personal favorites are RepliGo reader and ezPDF reader. They are paid apps, unfortunately, but they either allow you to export your comments as a text file or email (ezPDF) or save highlights etc directly to the PDF file itself (RepliGo), which necessitates using a desktop program or cloud services such as Sumnotes to extract the annotations. ezPDF offers the most options to share or save your annotations but I personally prefer RepliGo because it has a superior reflow mode. The only problem, though, is that these apps are not optimized for the e-ink screen, so the text may appear more washed out than in the stock readers. However, if you long press the top right menu button on your T68 it will refresh the screen. Personally, in reflow mode at 125% on RepliGo the lack of e-ink optimization is not an issue for me.

Hope that helps...
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Guys, did you try the latest update (1.6.4)? It has already working export of annotations (Neo Reader merges highlightings and scribbles in a new xxx.export.pdf) . Very soon export of citations and comments in a text file will follow.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Guys, did you try the latest update (1.6.4)? It has already working export of annotations (Neo Reader merges highlightings and scribbles in a new xxx.export.pdf) . Very soon export of citations and comments in a text file will follow.
thank you Booxtor. I did install the last update but i am still really unsatisfied - not by your nice support, of course, but by the strange strategy of Boox. What is the sense of such a tool with no real interaction with the social, no export of highlights and so on? I would like to say that kindle had these service in his first basic reader many years ago. Anyway now it's too late, so i will just wait for your updates, they will help me greatly
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by talizh View Post
I share your pain. So far as I know, there is no way to export annotations or notes from the stock reading apps (though this has been

Hope that helps...
thank you very much, i appreciated your suggestions! Any idea about a software that could publish directly on FB?
Advert