Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Changing my email address

I need to change my email address so that I am no longer dependent on an ISP.

What do I need to do to get my kobo account email address changed? I can see on the web under "My Account" that I can simply type a new address in, but surely it can't be this easy. What about DRM, my adobe account and the email on my device - how do they all tie together? I don't want to change it then be unable to open my books.

Any tips from anyone who has done this?

Thanks
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post

What do I need to do to get my kobo account email address changed? I can see on the web under "My Account" that I can simply type a new address in, but surely it can't be this easy. What about DRM, my adobe account and the email on my device - how do they all tie together? I don't want to change it then be unable to open my books.

Thanks
on the DRM, I think you can change your contact email, but the login must remain the same - worth getting in touch with Adobe to be doubly sure.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post

Thanks
I haven't changed my Kobo email address but the email address I use for Kobo stuff and the email address I use for Adobe's DRM are different. The two DRM schemes don't appeat to talk to each other.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I haven't changed my Kobo email address but the email address I use for Kobo stuff and the email address I use for Adobe's DRM are different. The two DRM schemes don't appeat to talk to each other.

Regards,
David
This was my observation as well. I have changed my Kobo email address, and my ADE address is a third email address that is different from either that I used for Kobo. I haven't run into problems either opening my books on my device or via ADE.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
woe
woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
As they've said, Kobo and Adobe ADEPT are completely separate systems. There is no requirement that you use the same user ID (email address) for both. In both systems you can change your email address with no ill effect and without having to reactivate your device(s) or software.
woe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone

Thanks everyone, good to know it's straightforward.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Just another tip if you think its worth while: import all of your ebooks into Calibre, and let it do its cleaning thingo and any format changes etc you want Calibre to do.

That way if Murphy's happens you'll have easy access to your books and can put them back onto the Glo via a direct transfer (side load) from Calibre.

I have 2 Kobo accounts: 1 x dummy account which I use for the device and 1 x buying account.

The dummy account I use only to sync new OS to the device.

The 2nd account I use for purchase with my credit card.

I only buy the Epub version (not the Kepub version) and I download all Epub ebooks, irrespective of where I buy them (including library ebooks), into Sony Reader for PC.

Once they're in there I then open Calibre and import them and clean them etc.

Easy peasy, and I don't get caught up with the hassles of using Adobe. And yes, Adobe has been a hassle for me when I've changed my email account with them.

So, doing it the way I described - that is download epubs straight into Sony Reader for PC and then importing into Calibre means I never have to go near Adobe software.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, drm, email