Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Best way for a non-techie to get LibreOffice to make an epub?

I've got LibreOffice 5.1.6.2 and I just want to be able to make an epub from what I'm doing in LibreOffice (which would normally save as .odt). Years ago I had the that green "E" Writer2Epub logo in my LibreOffice toolbar but now I don't have it (I have Linux Xubuntu Operating System) and I can't remember how I got it (if indeed that's the best way to go). Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
There is the Writer2xhtml extension. I have it installed, but haven't needed to use it.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I use W2E and then tweak it with Calibre. You can get the W2E extension here:

http://writer2epub.it/en/
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:00 AM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
There is the Writer2xhtml extension. I have it installed, but haven't needed to use it.
Thanks dwig.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:01 AM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I use W2E and then tweak it with Calibre. You can get the W2E extension here:

http://writer2epub.it/en/
Thanks RJB. I'm pretty sure that's what I had before. What sort of tweaking do you need to do in Calibre?
Old 02-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #6
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Hi Gregg,
the green icon in the toolbar is just like all other toolbar, so you can close it.
To reopen, try:

View>Toolbars>Writer2ePub

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #7
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks RJB. I'm pretty sure that's what I had before. What sort of tweaking do you need to do in Calibre?
Not much. Edit metadata, including adding a cover. Edit book, where I run a check and do Tools - remove unused CSS rules. Then I convert the book, epub to epub, where I usually have to check the box to remove spaces between paragraphs. In all these cases, you might have to experiment until you find what gives you the best results.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Hi Gregg,
the green icon in the toolbar is just like all other toolbar, so you can close it.
To reopen, try:

View>Toolbars>Writer2ePub

Luke
Thanks Luke. I installed it but I keep running into this error message when I try to convert an .odt to an .epub. I googled around but couldn't quite figure out what the error meant and how to rectify it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_080.png
Views:	836
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	155334  
Old 02-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Not much. Edit metadata, including adding a cover. Edit book, where I run a check and do Tools - remove unused CSS rules. Then I convert the book, epub to epub, where I usually have to check the box to remove spaces between paragraphs. In all these cases, you might have to experiment until you find what gives you the best results.
Thanks man. I'm a Sigil guy for my novels but I thought this Writer2Epub might be an easy way to turn a short story (in .odt) into an .epub. Sounds like you've got a solid process.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #10
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Luke. I installed it but I keep running into this error message when I try to convert an .odt to an .epub. I googled around but couldn't quite figure out what the error meant and how to rectify it.
This message usually happens when Draw is not installed. Are you sure that you have installed the full *Office package?

Luke
Old 02-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #11
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Moreover, check for problems in images. If the original document was a MSWord document, sometimes happens that some errors are present in the document code.
Even frames or captions can cause the error.
If you can't solve, please contact me and I will help you with your document.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
This message usually happens when Draw is not installed. Are you sure that you have installed the full *Office package?

Luke
Wow. Thanks so much, Luke. Installed Draw and that did it. And I just ran my first .epub from an .odt and was very impressed. Thanks so much for this wonderful tool!