Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #61
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(can't sleep ; having a terrible dream of being trapped in a reddish-black cave with spongy floor, with walls made of white boulders, not enough air, and incessant earthquakes.)
My god!... You've been abducted by the mother of all squirrels!
Wake up!... Zeldaaaa!!!! Don't go to sleeeep!!!!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm. much more afraid of spiders than of squirrels. a spider in my house makes me climb on furniture and quiver like a girl.

...oh wait, i *am* a girl. i guess that's all right then.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #63
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am neither deathly afraid of nor allergic to insects. However, realization that they are nearby, in or out of my house, has brought about uncontrollable itching fits on occasion.

My personal belief is that insects are actually creatures from another planet that somehow made it to Earth in its early history, and now threaten to take it over from the life forms that are native to this planet.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #64
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Cockroaches are demon-spawn. They should all die. Preferably in flames.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #65
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Cockroaches will never die, they will outlast us all.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #66
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's how you know they're demon-spawn!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #67
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
That's how I know they're not from this planet: Radiation won't kill 'em, when it will kill everything else on this planet. Truly the Uberbug Supreme.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Actually, I think the Mythbusters rulling on that was:

BUSTED!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #69
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

HA! That's just what the roaches wanted them to believe, in order to lull us all into a false sense of security...

(paranoia, thy name is Steve...)
Old 05-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #70
NatCh
Gizmologist

Besides, those were puny California Cockroaches. If they'd tried it with Texas Cockroaches, they'd only be able to sell the footage in plain brown wrappers -- far too shocking for television, even cable!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #71
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
It is said that the estimated combined weight of all insects on earth surpasses the combined weight of all other living organisms. Bow to the masters, they shall take care of squirrels.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #72
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Anyway, what I mean is, should you be a nighttime-poster, and you've been inhaling the midnight oil for long enough, please feel most welcome to leave your pre-nightmare guilty confessions within here as your final goodbye. Who knows? You might never wake up, and would you want to have that guilty secret on your conscience?
Thanks, Marc. 9:15 pm. What a late night for me! But I see ZP is still up, too. 3:15 am? Does she really sleep? For me, I've seen so many new avatars today that I fear that I'll be dreaming of squirrels, cake, printing presses, guitars, futuristic ebook readers, squirrels, and an eye with spiders (squirrels?) walking out of it. Oh, and a really scary eight-tentacled creature with a smiley on it's...face. But I have two more ebooks I'm dying to read thanks to Patricia. And I've read some of the funniest anecdotes about kids I've ever heard. Plus lots of good fun. And I really did get some work today, too. What a day. Good night!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #73
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well i am going to bed as well. it's 4.30 am here actually which is far later than i was planning to be up. maybe i should move somewhere like greenland, they might be in the proper time zone for me. i seem to have fallen into some sort of time / space continuum hole or something. i don't know, it's far too late for any coherent thought. i just hope i will NOT dream of spiders in any context whatsoever.

vr do you really go to bed at 9:15 ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #74
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Bugs... masters... oh man, someone help me here, because I'm remembering a short story. A man discovers he has the ability to understand small critters, including ants, who are the real rulers of the planet and have been fighting a war for centuries. The spiders and birds are in on it. Who wrote it? What story? I'm thinking Philip K. Dick.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Besides, those were puny California Cockroaches. If they'd tried it with Texas Cockroaches, they'd only be able to sell the footage in plain brown wrappers -- far too shocking for television, even cable!
For your edification, I bring you the Australian Rhinoceros Cockroach (see attached).

Don't buggerise 'round with me, ya bastard, or'll set me cockroach onto ya!

Cheers,
Marc (I call him "Testicles", after his favourite "meat").

Last edited by montsnmags; 03-25-2010 at 06:33 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caramel, chickens, clouds of enlightenment, cockroaches, monsters, sleep, texas, unutterable silliness