Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Deleting the "Fonts" folder and deleting the ".fonts.cache-1" file from the system folder, then doing a reset, should certainly fix the problem.
That's what fixed it for me, apparently.
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #17
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneDelse View Post
That's what fixed it for me, apparently.
Did you figure out which font type or font was causing the problem? I've loaded 12 additional fonts on mine and haven't had a problem. My Font Family window is full now and I haven't risked trying to add more.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #18
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
No, I couldn't pinpoint it on one particular font. I remember I had just added some of the fonts recommanded in this thread. After fixing the problem, I was able to transfer anew several TrueType fonts, including the URW fonts and some who are packaged with MS Windows.

Edit: After some tests, I'm thinking the problem is not with a particular font, but with a bug in the font managing software. I tried added more fonts, and when the height of the Font family window gets bigger than the screen height, it freezes or reboots when I try to change the font. I got to that stage when there were 16 font families in the window. So, to be on the safe side, it's better to transfer no more than 13 different font families in the memory of your reader, in addition to the 2 (Verdana and Courrier New) already present when you purchase the Cybook Gen3.

Last edited by IreneDelse; 11-18-2007 at 05:26 PM. Reason: precision
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #19
sm69lover
sm69lover began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen GEn3
My cybook is stuck for 10 days. Only one response from the Bookeen support. But not help. Just ask me to delete the .font-cache. But the files under the system is all deleted except the /system/user/config.dat. My screen shown what they call 4-color checker. I just wait and wait everyday for their help. I just suppose they will send me a firmware to reset the system. The methods that all you gave on the forum was tried already. None of them work. If any of you have a working cybook, may be try to do the following under linux: ls -alR system/ to see what files in under the system other than the .font-cache and config.dat. May be some important files is deleted by me accidentally or the config.dat file is corrupted. Thank you for your attention. A sadly guy w/o ebook.
sm69lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #20
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm69lover View Post
to see what files in under the system other than the .font-cache and config.dat. May be some important files is deleted by me accidentally or the config.dat file is corrupted. Thank you for your attention. A sadly guy w/o ebook.
On mine, there is a file 'icudt36l.dat' that's 10.151.536 bytes in size. I once renamed it, and my Cybook did the same thing yours does after that (the '4-colour checker' bit). I renamed it back, and all was well again. I think it's (part of) the firmware.

Maybe some undelete tool can help? The internal flash is FAT32 after all...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #21
sm69lover

Yes, movenka, I think you are very right. I remember some files I've seen was deleted. But there is no way to undelete the files. Is it possible email me your icudt36l.dat and config.dat for recovering my system. Thank you
my email: sm69lover@yahoo.com.hk
Old 11-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #22
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
sm69lover, I will send you the files you want (/system) but I could not do so via MobileRead because your profile states that you will not accept email.
Please change your policy and I will send you the files you need.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #23
sm69lover

mbovenka & kleykenb :
Thank you very much for your help. I have adjust my profile. Your system package file is received. My cybook recover very well. That's magic. I think this file contains the
logo, the basic font and some other basic programs.
We wish we contain modify them some day, so that we can change our display of the ebook.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #24
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm69lover View Post
mbovenka & kleykenb :
Thank you very much for your help. I have adjust my profile. Your system package file is received. My cybook recover very well. That's magic. I think this file contains the
logo, the basic font and some other basic programs.
We wish we contain modify them some day, so that we can change our display of the ebook.
I'm curious though, now that you have a copy of the /system directory on my cybook, does that automatically mean that the ID of your device is the same as mine ? Can you see what it says (I think it is somewhere in the Advanced menu).
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
I'm curious though, now that you have a copy of the /system directory on my cybook, does that automatically mean that the ID of your device is the same as mine ? Can you see what it says (I think it is somewhere in the Advanced menu).
There's no way that's going to be the case - otherwise, when you re-flashed the ROM, your PID would change (and it doesn't). I have a vague recollection that an ARM CPU has a unique identifier which can be retrieved - if so, the PID is probably based on that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #26
sm69lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
Harry is right, I " cmp 01-icudt36l.dat 02-icudt36l.dat", both of icudt* are come from mbovenka & kleykenb. They are identical. So the PID is generated from the hardware, not the software. my pid now is G57S2P1UQI.