Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
DarkRose
DarkRose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Date display

Is there a way to display the date on the kindle3 3g? Like at the top of the page near the time?
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
From the home page, search for @time the first result will display the date and time, selecting the entry will then display additional time zone settings.

Admitedly not as convenient as just pressing menu and getting the information on the top bar, *that* search could be assigned to a shortcut (after jailbreaking and installing the launchpad hack).
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
From the home page, search for @time the first result will display the date and time, selecting the entry will then display additional time zone settings.
Thanks for that tip! I have a lot of books on my Kindle so, unfortunately, the @time search took almost 5 minutes! For someone with fewer books that would work very well, though.

I have Calendar (A Schedule Tool for Kindle) by 7 Dragons. When you open the app, it automatically shows the current date, so I use that. It's only available in the U.S. right now, though. I just press the Menu button to see the time.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote