Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #31
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
U007 - means JB not installed (or not works)
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #32
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
How can i do this.

I usually read news in google reader.There is a trouble when i press the name XXX@gmail.com. The '@' is not esay to input because i use chinese input method.
I want to input ‘@’ or the other word like my email XXX@gmail.com with launchpad.
How can i do this.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #33
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
I usually read news in google reader.There is a trouble when i press the name XXX@gmail.com. The '@' is not esay to input because i use chinese input method.
I want to input ‘@’ or the other word like my email XXX@gmail.com with launchpad.
How can i do this.
I change the keyboard_european.txt

timeout=500
aa=@
mm=:
ff=;
yy=~
gg=XXX@gmail.com

So i can input email easylily.
I want to input a string with gg,how to?
Shift+Space conflict with voice guide in framework 3.3,is not it?

Last edited by xueyou2; 04-26-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #34
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Are you modifying the correct file? It is the config.txt which is to be modified.

UPDATE: tried it on my K3 with an e-mail adress, does not work, assume you did this already.

Last edited by diba; 04-26-2012 at 12:24 PM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #35
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Are you modifying the correct file? It is the config.txt which is to be modified.

UPDATE: tried it on my K3 with an e-mail adress, does not work, assume you did this already.
yes. And i change the single enable false.

It do not work with an e-mail address.only the first letta X.
I want to input a string with gg, but i do not know how.

Last edited by xueyou2; 04-26-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #36
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
As far as I understand the whole thing it does not work as a replacement for shortcuts. Would like to get this for me as well.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #37
EricOwens
EricOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello,

I installed this hack and it works flawlessly in normal use but it doesn't work in the KindleNote app from here.

Is there any way to make this work with the KindleNote app?

Greetings

Last edited by EricOwens; 06-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.
EricOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #38
debilka
debilka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Hi,

Is there any chance to update this essential hack for new 3.4 firmware?

Thanks!
debilka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #39
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
You can download physkeyb for 3.4 here: https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...q=physkeyb_3.4
You'll have to replace the built-in Czech keyboard-european.txt or keyboard.txt with your favorite layout after installation though.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #40
telharmonium
telharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Can the 5-way controller be mapped to the keyboard?

Hello, newbie here. I would just like to ask if the 5-way controller can be mapped to the keyboard. My Kindle 3's 5-way controller has suddenly lost the ability to move the cursor. The center button works, but the 4 peripheral ones don't. I've already reset the Kindle multiple times. I believe it's a hardware issue.

Last edited by telharmonium; 11-14-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: lacked detail
telharmonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #41
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not with physkeyb.
However it should be easy to modify physkeyb source to do it.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #42
telharmonium
telharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametertelharmonium can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
I understand. May I ask what language the source code is in and whether it is available for download? I would appreciate a link if it is. I've been to Sir Alex's site (using Google translate -- I can't read Russian) but all I can find are zipped bin files. I apologize if I'm missing something.
telharmonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #43
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by telharmonium View Post
I understand. May I ask what language the source code is in and whether it is available for download? I would appreciate a link if it is. I've been to Sir Alex's site (using Google translate -- I can't read Russian) but all I can find are zipped bin files. I apologize if I'm missing something.
Quote:
Command-line access

Use this command to anonymously check out the latest project source code:

# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://kindle-cs.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ kindle-cs-read-only
https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/source/checkout

looks like java to me under the hood

https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...2Fbooklet%2Fmy

and some python

https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...ate%253Dclosed

with a bit of shell for good measure. HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #44
dsmid
Linux devotee

Yes, it's Java.
I think all you need to modify is this file:
https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...ispatcher.java
Drop all the code that is not useful for your goal.

To simulate 5-way keypresses, you'll have to open "file" /proc/fiveway and write strings like "send 108\n" to it.

Code:
103    = Up
108    = Down
105    = Left
106    = Right
194    = Select
If it's beyond your hacking abilities, I can do it for you.

Last edited by dsmid; 11-15-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #45
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
To simulate 5-way keypresses, you'll have to open "file" /proc/fiveway and write strings like "send 108\n" to it.

Code:
103    = Up
108    = Down
105    = Left
106    = Right
194    = Select
If it's beyond your hacking abilities, I can do it for you.
ah yes. I remember now...

Quote:
# send menu key twice to refresh display
#echo "send 139" > /proc/keypad
#echo "send 139" > /proc/keypad
for example for the keys. thanks for the refresher.
(that code was a hawhill quote btw)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote