Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Output profile for iPad Pro 2017 12.9

Hi all,

I am converting TO PDF, so I can read my book on my iPad Pro 2017 12.9" tablet, and annotate using PDF Expert which I love.

The iPad's specs are: Display size 12.9-inch, Display resolution 2732 × 2048 px, Pixel density 264 ppi.

Which Output Profile should I use? "iPad 3" (2048x1536)? "Default Output Profile" (1600x1200)? Or maybe just "Tablet"?

Regards,

Avi
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If there is not a profile exactly matching your device, you can simply specify the page size manually in the PDF Output section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 AM   #3
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If there is not a profile exactly matching your device, you can simply specify the page size manually in the PDF Output section of the conversion dialog.
Thank you (for the software, and for answering here).

So, just use "a4"? No need to specify the device's resolution?
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As for the output profile, select tablet so Calibre will not resize any hi-res images.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use a paper size that looks best on your device, you might have to experiment witha few sizes to find what suits your best.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote