Mobile Beastdom
Mobile Beastdom doesn't litterMobile Beastdom doesn't litter

Device: kindle Fire
Playing bad piggies by rovio.
Mobile Beastdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #34787
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Throwing away hundreds of really bad photos. Correcting the rest and converting them into .tif formats.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #34788
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile Beastdom View Post
Who is Rovio, and why are you playing bad piggies beside him?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #34789
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If things get too hectic, you can always go outside and hose down some pedestrians!
LOL. Unless they call me the C word I won't. Plus with the predicted rain, hail and thunder today it would be a waste of water.

I do hope the weather is as predicted, I wouldn't mind a quieter day after a busy week!

I'm now looking for a new internet radio. My Logitech Squeezebox hasn't been working for a day and a half now because Logitech's servers are down. The problem is that either they are very expensive, haven't got build in speakers or only stream music and don't have the internet radio option (or a combination of the three).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #34790
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile Beastdom View Post
The perils of using something other than a dedicated ebook reader. Distractions!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #34791
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
...I'm now looking for a new internet radio. My Logitech Squeezebox hasn't been working for a day and a half now because Logitech's servers are down. The problem is that either they are very expensive, haven't got build in speakers or only stream music and don't have the internet radio option (or a combination of the three).
I've thought about getting a dedicated Internet radio. The station selections are so much better, many of them are commercial free, and for a small fee you can find many more commercial-free stations.

One of my favorite ways to fall asleep is to have the radio in iTunes tuned to one of the "Ambient" stations at a low volume; something spacey, meditative, new-age. Nature sounds stations are great also. Perhaps the best music for a soothing night's (or in my case, day's) sleep is Gregorian chants. As every word they chant is in Latin, I have no idea what they're saying. Maybe it translates to "Hey, hey, we're the monks", but whatever it is, it's very calming.

Lights out, Gregorian chants, and a good book on the Paperwhite. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #34792
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I use tunein radio :-) very nice
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #34793
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just eaten for the first time in 48 hours. Not sure what was wrong with me, but suffice to say, I haven't strayed far from a bathroom in that time.

BTW, I'd second Tunein Radio.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #34794
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Bilbo, I am glad you are feeling better. I wonder if you had a touch of the flu?

wyndslash, nice to see you around here again.

Right now, I am excited that I have side loaded the 3M Cloud library app on my Fire and have successfully checked out my first library book. Yay! Our little corner of the world has finally added ebooks. Of course, it is a small collection and mostly popular selections, but I did find one to try.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #34795
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Glad your feeling better Bilbo! Wooohooo for library books dreams.

Drinking a homebrew IPA.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #34796
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
I've thought about getting a dedicated Internet radio. The station selections are so much better, many of them are commercial free, and for a small fee you can find many more commercial-free stations.

One of my favorite ways to fall asleep is to have the radio in iTunes tuned to one of the "Ambient" stations at a low volume; something spacey, meditative, new-age. Nature sounds stations are great also. Perhaps the best music for a soothing night's (or in my case, day's) sleep is Gregorian chants. As every word they chant is in Latin, I have no idea what they're saying. Maybe it translates to "Hey, hey, we're the monks", but whatever it is, it's very calming.

Lights out, Gregorian chants, and a good book on the Paperwhite. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that!
I love Gregorian chants, I need to get some on cd because I think it would be ideal for when I'm sketching too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I use tunein radio :-) very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
BTW, I'd second Tunein Radio.
Iirc the Logitech uses Tunein but via their servers. It's up now (after two days down) so I'm happy because I also love to listen to Classic FM on Sunday morning whilst dozing in bed.

I saw that Philips also has some internet radio's, however I trust Philips less than Logitech so I emailed them asking about the server set up.

After a busy day, too much to eat, the first two episodes of Downton Abbey and The Expendables it's time to go to bed, tune in to a classical radio station, read a bit and then sleep for a very long time.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #34797
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Bilbo, I am glad you are feeling better. I wonder if you had a touch of the flu?

wyndslash, nice to see you around here again.

Right now, I am excited that I have side loaded the 3M Cloud library app on my Fire and have successfully checked out my first library book. Yay! Our little corner of the world has finally added ebooks. Of course, it is a small collection and mostly popular selections, but I did find one to try.
Thanks dreams
It's great to be back

Quote:
I love Gregorian chants, I need to get some on cd because I think it would be ideal for when I'm sketching too.

Iirc the Logitech uses Tunein but via their servers. It's up now (after two days down) so I'm happy because I also love to listen to Classic FM on Sunday morning whilst dozing in bed.

I saw that Philips also has some internet radio's, however I trust Philips less than Logitech so I emailed them asking about the server set up.

After a busy day, too much to eat, the first two episodes of Downton Abbey and The Expendables it's time to go to bed, tune in to a classical radio station, read a bit and then sleep for a very long time.
You mean it's an actual radio that can access internet radio?
Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #34798
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Get the best of both worlds. Look at the software called 'Atmosphere Deluxe.' There are dozens of different nature scenarios, but the best part of the program is that you can create your own mix, exactly to your specifications. Do you prefer a Thrush to a Loon? Perhaps a Lark or a Finch? Or all of them together, at what ever volume and frequency and intensity you'd like. Babbling brook or rushing river, heavy waves breaking on the shore in storm or gentle waves nice day. How about adding in a horse whinnying, or a sailboat's rigging clanking against the mast as the waves break in the marina. A dog barking far off across the fields? (There are four different dog barks to choose from, and three different horse sounds.) Or gentle rain or heave storm? Wind gusts in the trees or blowing across the bay? Bumble bee, crickets (there are several different crickets) tree frogs, cows, sheep, campfires and big fires, There are dozens and dozens of different sounds, all incredibly customizable. After you've made the nature collage, you can add in your Gregorian Chants (or George Winston, William Ackerman, Paul Horn, Kitarō, etc) to play along over it all... I've been using this program for several years now, and have made and saved dozens of 60-minute MP3 files that I can run as a continuous loop on any player. Perfect for long flights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Odd... he doesn't look Fluish?

Quote:
Try to find some by the monks of the Weston Priory. They are magnificent! Even better than most of the European groups.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #34799
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
<snip>
Odd... he doesn't look Fluish?
<snip>

Stitchawl
Darn. You made me go look that up to see if I spelled it correctly, mentioned the wrong member, or something. Did I miss something?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #34800
wyndslash
Wizard

words with friends is addicting

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?