Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-30-2023, 12:55 PM   #1
clarhdowner
clarhdowner began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Smile Readers with Mobius Flexible screen and expandable storage (SD slot)

Basically the title, I don't care much for features outside of durability and being able to take an entire library with me. I was looking at the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 but it seems to have durability issues.
clarhdowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:03 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarhdowner View Post
Basically the title, I don't care much for features outside of durability and being able to take an entire library with me. I was looking at the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 but it seems to have durability issues.
There aren't many Readers with a Mobious screen. Kobo had one. The Kobo Libra H2O uses an 8" Mobius screen. But it's no longer made. Improvements to speed and contrast have come on Carta 1200 screens which are not Mobius.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2023, 05:54 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There aren't many Readers with a Mobious screen. Kobo had one. The Kobo Libra H2O uses an 8" Mobius screen. But it's no longer made. ...
Don't you mean the Forma?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:40 PM   #4
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
I don't think there's anything with both those things. The Boox Tab X has the Mobius screen but lacks the SD card. The Boox Tab Ultra has the SD card but lacks the Mobius screen. Neither Amazon or Kobo make anything with Mobius screens or SD cards anymore and I don't think Boyue or Likebook or whatever they're called have one with both either.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:37 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Readers with Mobius Flexible screen and expandable storage (SD slot)
The only Notes device I know of was the Likebook Alita.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2023, 07:22 AM   #6
suninmypocket
suninmypocket began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarhdowner View Post
I'm also interested in Mobius Readers without an extra breakable glas overlay. Preferable newer Android versions. Any devices available?
suninmypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 04:03 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by suninmypocket View Post
I'm also interested in Mobius Readers without an extra breakable glas overlay. Preferable newer Android versions. Any devices available?
Sorry, there are not any devices that fit your requirements.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 07:08 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by suninmypocket View Post
Boox Note 4 or Tab X? I'm not familiar with either, or just browsing their site and saw Mobius listed.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote