Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 11-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
pritchett4
pritchett4 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T3
Sunrise Clip error

I am new to Sunrise and use it in conjunction with my Palm T3. I am able to do RSS feeds, but when I try and clip a portion of a web page (right click "Click with Sunrise") I get a runtime error "application terminated in an unusual way... contact applications support team".

I have read through the manual, but don't see any reference to this. It is very possible that I am missing something, or using it in an incorrect way -- but was looking forward to being able to clip portions of a web page for later reading.

THanks in advance for the help!

pritchett4
Old 11-23-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
pritchett4

Follow up

Folks, I notice that at this writing 157 views are listed but there is no response by way of help. Does no one else attempt to clip from web browser (I am using Firefox 1.5) or does no one else have this problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Advert
Old 11-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
No idea. Clipping works fine here in Firefox 2.0 and has also worked fine in 1.5.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
cgraansma
Klaas
cgraansma began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X
I had the same problem. I first tried uninstalling sunrise (using windows uninstall) and reinstalling; no luck. Then I uninstalled (using windows uninstall) but clicked every box (hotsync conduit as well). Then I reinstalled Sunrise (and clicked on the hotsync conduit install boxes for explorer and firefox) and it worked again.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
iris
iris began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
Runtime Error caused by special characters?

I had the same problem (using Sunrise XP v. 2.03 on Win2K). It worked perfectly first, but then all of the sudden this runtime error appeared, the same as pritchett4 describes, and I've seen several other messages on this forum referring to the same thing. Once that message appeared in Firefox (my preferred browser), I tried to clip to Sunrise in IE, but there the same thing happened.

I first tried reinstalling without uninstalling first, because I didn't want to loose my settings, but that didn't solve anything. So I uninstalled everything, then resinstalled everything, as cgraansma suggested, and indeed, it worked again. Or at least for a little while. I got the same error message again after clipping a few pages, and had to repeat the whole uninstall/install process.

One thing I can suggest -for bugtracking purposes- as "abnormal" in my clipping behaviour around the times that Sunrise failed, is that I was trying to save a page that had a special character (a curly quote) in its title, which was then automatically also part of the Sunrise document name. I just tried clipping another page with a special character in the title, and indeed, there's that runtime error again.
Advert
Old 05-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
gleemer
gleemer began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
This drove me absolutely crazy, but I found a quick fix.
1. Find clip.sxl (try View menu->Settings Folder, or just search).
2. Delete this file (corrupted!)
3. Redo your default clip preferences
4. save a backup copy of newly created clip.sxl

Whenever it happens now just overwrite clip.sxl with the backup copy.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
mattc
mattc began at the beginning.

Rather than deleting the file, as Gleemer suggests, simply open it in notepad, find the line with the title of the last page you clipped. There will be a weird character on the line (usually a box). Delete the character and save the file. This way you don't lose all your settings.

When clipping keep an eye on the title field in the popup. If you see a the wierd box character delete it before clipping and you won't have this problem. Usually the box is replacing a quote that isn't converting correctly.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
pritchett4

Sunrise Clip Error - Thanks Mattc

Removing the "boxes" before and after the title on the last page visited did the trick - I guess Sunrise can't handle the quotes which was noted previously, and this works around that problem - just have to be careful not to include quotes on the title of the web page.

THanks!