Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Ownership Info......

Is there any way to put personal ownership info on a PRS-300? I would like to put my name or some ownership info into the reader so it will display. If I can't do that I will just have to make a .doc that will have my contact information.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Others have done the same. Make a file that the 300 can read then name it so that if you sort the list either by Author or Title it will be the first book to show.

Some have even taped a card with their contact information to the back of the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Others have done the same. Make a file that the 300 can read then name it so that if you sort the list either by Author or Title it will be the first book to show.

Some have even taped a card with their contact information to the back of the Reader.
Ok, I guess I'll do a PDF with my information. Of course we are assuming that if someone finds the reader it will be returned.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
You could always engrave your telephone number or email address on the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Some very clever person did a neat thing, they loaded just one photo on the reader, of themselves. So that if an honest person did return it if she lost it, they would know it was her. For her personal details, I can't remember what she did, prob the first idea in the thread.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I like that pix idea. I'll look into doing that for my 700. I'm sure if someone (not particularily honest) found it they wouldn't be familier enough with the reader to be able to delete the pix.

I have a "LoJack" security program on my laptop. If it's stolen, I'd report that to the company, and they would activate the tracing software. When/if the thief first got onto the internet, the company would trace the signal; they then would notify the police as to the location of the stolen laptop.
I'll have to ask them about setting something up for the readers. Hmmm, very interesting.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote